Fingerprints and the new EU Entry Exit system

Status
Not open for further replies.

lustyd

Visit site
How do people know who the experts are and their qualifications to be one?
They don't, and they don't need to. It's pretty self evident who has done even a little research into the subject though. The nice thing about the Internet is you can go on and do some of your own research based on the topics presented. For instance I mentioned the gummy bears and cyanoacrylate fingerprint methods which you can look up and decide for yourself whether a machine agreeing it can see the fingerprint on record is better than a border official being present. Obviously you don't need to look up whether it will be faster, that's self evident. Someone else linked to info on false convictions and how fingerprints are not unique enough to identify individuals.

Of course, you don't need to look this stuff up, and you don't need to accept new information if you don't wish. It's a free country for the moment.

Poignard

Visit site
I think lustful told us he was an expert in one of his earlier posts.
Please don't poke fun at my name, it's childish, it's bullying, and it's against forum policy.
How could a lusty* young fellow like you allow yourself be bullied by a frail little old man?

*healthy and strong; full of vigour.

lustyd

Visit site
Well, I guess your dream of dumbing down the forum to your level has come true, I'm abandoning this thread and I've reported you. Not that it will make a difference, you clearly consider it a sport and don't care a jot for decorum.

The sad part isn't that you will remain ignorant, it's that you're also preventing others from getting useful intormation and having an informed debate.

Lodestone

Visit site
So far despite extensive searching I've failed to find any information about how the EES might actually manifest itself to the traveller - especially to the sailor who might wish to have any one of myriad possible points of entry.
So far the points/organsiations of mass entry e.g. Eurostar, Euro Tunnel and The Port of Dover have all raised concerns about logistical problems.
So maybe a developing problem that it would be worth keeping an eye on.

lustyd

Visit site
So far despite extensive searching I've failed to find any information about how the EES might actually manifest itself to the traveller
If you've been to Europe any time in the last 4 years every port and airport have been installing the kit. Electronic gates and scanners with no alternative paths at every airport I've been to. Most not in use before go-live, so you probably wouldn't have used them. I can only assume the airports will continue to be refitted after they start using them, as the current paths around don't fit well with airport design or people flow.

Poignard

Visit site
Well, I guess your dream of dumbing down the forum to your level has come true, I'm abandoning this thread and I've reported you. Not that it will make a difference, you clearly consider it a sport and don't care a jot for decorum
Dulce et decorum est.

By the way, what breach of forum rules are you are reporting me for that you have not breached yourself? But don't worry, I shan't report you for it.

Last edited:

TiggerToo

Visit site
Are you suggesting that when a child, I would have accepted sweets from a stranger?
funny, that. Even as I child, I was always aware that "sweets" were a euphemism for something nasty. I did not know what that was; couldn't even imagine.
Never made me afraid of strangers. Only afraid of strangers offering sweets.

Mister E

Visit site
If you've been to Europe any time in the last 4 years every port and airport have been installing the kit. Electronic gates and scanners with no alternative paths at every airport I've been to. Most not in use before go-live, so you probably wouldn't have used them. I can only assume the airports will continue to be refitted after they start using them, as the current paths around don't fit well with airport design or people flow.

So are you going together a biometric passport?
Will you stop going to France when this starts?

westhinder

Visit site
I had a conversation once about the bottled water being handed out at Tube stations, and how many people would accept a bottle of water from a stranger and immediately start drinking simply because it was convenient. This amidst a backdrop of terror alerts and a terror attack the previous day. Sometimes it pays to question things.
Indeed it does. Did the water turn out to be poisoned, or did your questioning reveal it was perfectly ok?

Visit site
Indeed it does. Did the water turn out to be poisoned, or did your questioning reveal it was perfectly ok?

Went to page 3 and still couldn't find the information about gummy bears?
Anyway if I wanted to use poisoned bottle water as a terrorist act, I would just say I'd done it and let a copycat nutter do it for me.
1644947610015.png

Status
Not open for further replies.