Ferry Italy to Greece

mikegunn

Visit site
I use:
Oscar Travel, at Igoumenitsa
Tel; 00302665026410
Email; oscartrv@otenet.gr

English spoken and will tailor tickets to your requirements. Even phoned me on one occasion to let me know that a ferry was delayed for a few hours.

Mike

Mike

Davy_S

Visit site
Viamare as above are very good, you can also book direct with Anek lines, whatever you do, do NOT book with direct ferries uk. they caused me serious problems a few years ago and seemed incapable of sorting out the mistake they made, be warned.

jacaldo

Visit site
Greek ferries club.
Last year and this year, I dealt with a lady called Britta, she knows her stuff and is really on the ball.

Cariadco

Visit site
I can personally recommend Patras Travel, based in Corfu town.
We've booked our ferry travels to/from Italy with them for years and not only have they proved to be reliable, flexible but also competitive.

Also, Minoan are far far better than Anek, although a little more expensive.

Give Andreas or Katerina a shout at:

Patras Travel –General Tourism-Shipping Agency P.C. | 4 Ethnikis Antistaseos str. | Corfu, Greece, P.C.: 49100

Tel: +30 26610 21300 / 39112 / 38712 | Fax: +30 26610 35698 | e-mail: info@patrastravel.gr | Web: www.patrastravel.gr

Regards.

Cariadco

Visit site
Strange. That's exactly the opposite of my experience (across the Adriatic). I don't doubt yours.

Fair Point, although my Anek experience was about 7 to 8 years ago. Never wen't back.
Gotta say though, the food and Beer is way overpriced on the Minoan but the Dog facility is much better.
Bloody mutt rules my life...!!

macd

Visit site
Fair Point, although my Anek experience was about 7 to 8 years ago. Never wen't back.
Gotta say though, the food and Beer is way overpriced on the Minoan but the Dog facility is much better.
Bloody mutt rules my life...!!

No dog with us, but most experience over past two years. Minoan hugely late leaving, chaos at departure port, and even when under way (in benign conditions), didn't have a clue when we'd land. Staff generally seemed to do their best, but low morale bestowed by their employer was almost tangible. Food and beer prices unremarkable, but only because their wifi prices were truly scandalous (4 x Anek). My impression was of a sick company, or simply one with 50 year-old attitudes to customers.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
I have used both companies, In fact, I do believe they merged last year as I got my ticket from Superfast and had to present it the other, I don't take a cabin so I prefer the one with aeroplane seats and dog kennel on the top deck. I sit close to an electric socket for charging appliances, Ancona -Patra in 23hours, A box of sleeping tablets and a bottle of wine and you are there .

Cariadco

Visit site
I have used both companies, In fact, I do believe they merged last year as I got my ticket from Superfast and had to present it the other, I don't take a cabin so I prefer the one with aeroplane seats and dog kennel on the top deck. I sit close to an electric socket for charging appliances, Ancona -Patra in 23hours, A box of sleeping tablets and a bottle of wine and you are there .

Nice one..maybe I'll try it, but the Mrs would kill me!!

Interestingly different views on both companies.

ostra4

Visit site
Iv used Minoan for past four years, maybe we've been lucky reading some comments but we've only had one delayed daparture .We don't bother with restaurant anymore as that is seriously low standard despite the a la carte title -:)
Breakfast in the restaurant is worth it we think although we get 30% off as we have a camper .

santelmo

Visit site
We used Minoan from Venice last May. After an exhausting drive we managed to get to the port on time (10pm) and then sat in the car until 6am when the ferry came in and then loaded in a chaotic manner. When under way I asked at the info desk about the reason for the delay. The guy shrugged his shoulders and went on to the next enquirer. I came away with the impression that the timetable is just a rough estimate. I will use Anek next time

grumpygit

Visit site
Minoan is our preferred choice. We do at least 2 return trips a year with no great complaints, we use a cabin with the woof, though food and drink can be expensive, but aren't most establishments of the like? We have Minoan Club Cards that gives discount on travel, food and drink. We have had one trip discounted for next to nothing because of earned points.
We have used both Superfast and ANEK in the past (which now work together as a joint venture) with no major gripes. BTW we also prefer the channel crossing with DDFS out of Dunkirk rather than P&O out of Calais, but each to their own.

chrisgee

Visit site
And if your route offers the choice of Anek or Minoan (which it will from Ancona), pick Anek. Minoan are clueless.

I do agree ,ships Ok but the organization( i use the word very loosely) is appalling. They have absolutely no idea of timetables, how to load the ship and more importantly how to get off! God forbid they never have a serious incident on route.