Ferry Italy to Greece

Cariadco

Visit site
On our trip to Ancona, last December, Minoan had a fire drill at 11 am. We were on deck 9, along with everyone who had pets with them. We all trotted along to the muster point, when we were directed down a level by the crew member controlling our deck. So, down the stairs, we went gathering at the new muster point. Then a senior officer turned up and started shouting at us, that we should be at the muster point on deck 10!! Some of the older passengers were really struggling at this point, as their dogs wouldn't go up the stairs and had to be carried. I had a little word with the 'officer' who said not to worry as it's only a drill....then he announced to us all, that we should go back to our rooms, on deck 9 and remain there until the drill was over.
All that was needed was the Benny Hill theme being played over the Tannoy.
Having said all that, though, we still travel with Minoan.

Caladh

Visit site
On our trip to Ancona, last December, Minoan had a fire drill at 11 am. We were on deck 9, along with everyone who had pets with them. We all trotted along to the muster point, when we were directed down a level by the crew member controlling our deck. So, down the stairs, we went gathering at the new muster point. Then a senior officer turned up and started shouting at us, that we should be at the muster point on deck 10!! Some of the older passengers were really struggling at this point, as their dogs wouldn't go up the stairs and had to be carried. I had a little word with the 'officer' who said not to worry as it's only a drill....then he announced to us all, that we should go back to our rooms, on deck 9 and remain there until the drill was over.
All that was needed was the Benny Hill theme being played over the Tannoy.
Having said all that, though, we still travel with Minoan.

We had a very similar experience with Minoan from Ancona some years ago with an abandon ship exercise. I was given a lifejacket by a member of crew and there were no ties attached to be able to do it up. Most of the life-saving equipment seemed to have come off the Titanic. It was common knowledge that the ship had been transferred over from one of the Spanish routes temporarily and was due to be scrapped at the end of the season.