Fawley Chimney Demolition

bdh198

Visit site
Depending on the forecast, I'm tempted to go out, anchor off Osborne Bay or Lee-on-Solent and watch the sunrise demolition on Sunday morning (31/10/21). Is anyone else planning to be out?

It has been such an iconic part of Solent sailing for so long, and has been a witness to all the highs and lows of my 25 years of sailing in the Solent that I feel I should make the effort to get out for its final moments. The Solent will certainly feel a much emptier place without it.

Date set for demolition of 650ft chimney at Fawley Power Station

prv

Visit site
The idea did cross my mind, till I realised how early it was and that I have a social (read, beer) event the day before ?

Pete

Giblets

Visit site
Rumours circulating locally it may be delayed to due the weather forecast (high winds)
That will please the folk with boats on the Hamble if the winds are from the south-west. Not only do they have to clean crap off their boats from the refinery but may now have to deal with soot and demolition dust as well.

Never Grumble

Visit site
Depending on the forecast, I'm tempted to go out, anchor off Osborne Bay or Lee-on-Solent and watch the sunrise demolition on Sunday morning (31/10/21). Is anyone else planning to be out?
We had though we might leave Portsmouth Harbour first thing and pop out to see it come down.

z1ppy

Visit site
looking at the weather forecast i do wonder if this will be delayed. heavy rain and strong winds with precision times explosives may not sit well together?