Fairline Boats purchased

DougH

Visit site
If they only sold 58 boats in 11 months in 2015 how the h**l are they going to continue without Essex Boat Yards (BoatsUK) who probably accounted for the vast majority of those sales.:confused::confused::confused:

ari

Visit site
Given that BUK ceased being a Fairline Agent in April 2015 (having announced they were doing so in January 2015) I'd be surprised if they were in fact responsible for the vast majority of those sales.

pks1702

Visit site
If they only sold 58 boats in 11 months in 2015 how the h**l are they going to continue without Essex Boat Yards (BoatsUK) who probably accounted for the vast majority of those sales.:confused::confused::confused:

If they have any sense they will be knocking on their door :cool:

Without sales you can have the slickest manufacturing operation in the world but it counts for not a jot if you don't have sales.

DougH

Visit site
Given that BUK ceased being a Fairline Agent in April 2015 (having announced they were doing so in January 2015) I'd be surprised if they were in fact responsible for the vast majority of those sales.

Boats UK were still delivering new boats into Mallorca right through last summer.

One of their guys told us that they were stock boats that they were committed to and had to be sold.

DougH

Visit site
If they have any sense they will be knocking on their door :cool:

Without sales you can have the slickest manufacturing operation in the world but it counts for not a jot if you don't have sales.

I think the Essex boys are too shrewd to do that particularly as they are having such good success with Princess.

benjenbav

Visit site
They don't hang around - 6 weeks after the buyout and the first completed boat is about to be launched:
http://www.mby.com/news/fairline-yachts-first-launch-russian-era-51681
Not a new model, or even built from scratch by them, but exciting nonetheless...
I just looked at the story again and it seems to have changed:

http://www.ybw.com/news-from-yachti...achts-first-boat-production-targa-48-gt-17615

I got a bit confused reading that as to whether the first boat was going to be started or finished this week.

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
The first of the half built boats that Fairline Yachts acquired has been completed. I believe the first completely new build (from scratch) was due to be started yesterday. I hope this helps.

Last edited:
www.motorboatsmonthly.co.uk
D

Deleted User YDKXO

I just looked at the story again and it seems to have changed:
Is it too harsh to ask what is so newsworthy about a half built boat being completed, which was bought for a knock down price from the administrator and contains components that in all likelihood some of the suppliers weren't paid for?

Good for the new company, good I hope for the customer but not so good for some of the staff who started the build and are now redundant and some of the suppliers who lost money

petem

The completion of those boats weren't at anyone's expense. Had they not have been completed the redubdant staff and suppliers still wouldn't have been any better off.

I'd hope the 100 workers and town have taken some satisfaction from their completion though.

wakeup

Visit site
Is it too harsh to ask what is so newsworthy about a half built boat being completed, which was bought for a knock down price from the administrator and contains components that in all likelihood some of the suppliers weren't paid for?

Good for the new company, good I hope for the customer but not so good for some of the staff who started the build and are now redundant and some of the suppliers who lost money

Yes not exactly a well worded headline. I thought for a millisecond that Fairline had produced a new boat altogether because they used the word model. In fact it turns out they have just finished a boat from bits they boat from the Administrator. Hardly news worthy.

petem

Yes not exactly a well worded headline. I thought for a millisecond that Fairline had produced a new boat altogether because they used the word model. In fact it turns out they have just finished a boat from bits they boat from the Administrator. Hardly news worthy.

I agree "new model" is a poor choice of words. Here's a pic of work starting on the first new boat (Sq65) taken at 3pm today...

What's nice is that it's a new order / retail customer boat and will be in the Med late summer. And before anyone asks, it's not mine ;).

wakeup

Visit site
I agree "new model" is a poor choice of words. Here's a pic of work starting on the first new boat (Sq65) taken at 3pm today...

What's nice is that it's a new order / retail customer boat and will be in the Med late summer. And before anyone asks, it's not mine ;).

Now that is more news worthy..... Come on Pete you need to put your money where your mouth is an order a SQ 78! :)