Fairline Boats purchased

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
BCUK were keeping the factory busy. As you say there is a downward spiral which results in mere survival being the end game rather than product development. Princess (and I only use them because I know the product) somehow managed to find money to push forward brand new models keeping them at the cutting edge as and when the market loosens up.

As JFM has pointed out they aren't out of the woods yet in terms of turning a healthy profit but they do at least have strong sales and decent line up. People cleverer than me need to sort out profit. I've given my thoughts to that elsewhere on here already.

I hope that new Fairline reading this realise no one hates them. They are British and many of us former owners still have a fondness for the brand. The trouble is if none of the clothes fit or styles suit what can you do but look elsewhere?

It is still incredibly early days for new Fairline. Lets see what happens at the Swanwick show. No one is expecting miracles but it will at least allow the new company to present it's hopes and aspirations for the future.

Henry :)

Well said Henry. All the FL guys will be at the Hamble show and I urge everyone to say hello and and pass on any comments. If anyone wants a factory visit, once they are fully sorted, I'm sure Miles, Russell and the others will be glad to show people around and discuss their plans.

paul salliss

Visit site
Here is a fact. I have purchased two brand new Fairlines since 2010. A Targa followed by a Squadron. Since the demise of the partnership with what was Essex I have never had an email or a call from anyone, fact. ( the Barkes were fab by the way we liked dealing with them)

It's true that we wanted to take our boating in a slightly different direction and bought a new Broom in late 2014 a decision that for us proved to be a good call so I do not seek any sales related attention at all, but I would never allow my team to ignore a potential client like that, ( as I say it's fact and illustrates certain things only - I don't want any phone calls!)

admillington

Visit site
Here is a fact. I have purchased two brand new Fairlines since 2010. A Targa followed by a Squadron. Since the demise of the partnership with what was Essex I have never had an email or a call from anyone, fact. ( the Barkes were fab by the way we liked dealing with them)

It's true that we wanted to take our boating in a slightly different direction and bought a new Broom in late 2014 a decision that for us proved to be a good call so I do not seek any sales related attention at all, but I would never allow my team to ignore a potential client like that, ( as I say it's fact and illustrates certain things only - I don't want any phone calls!)

Fairline would not know that you have moved to a Broom - The Barkes are great to deal with and if you wanted anything now I am sure that they would be pleased to help out as they understand how the boat business works.

henryf

www.911virgin.com
Had the Barkes still been representing Fairline I am sure you would have received invites to London, Southampton and Swanwick. You may receive them but of course it will be for Princess now.

What is often overlooked at the shows is the opportunity to renew acquaintances with customers and keep brands in people's minds. It also spreads a bit of feel good factor when you get the invite, you feel love for the brand. What will hurt Fairline owners is if they don't get free tickets and parking to the shows as they used to. It may seem like a small thing in the general scheme of things but without cruising clubs and social events - Sunseeker are kings of the social events, it's all that keeps you attached to the brand.

Henry :)

paul salliss

Visit site
Had the Barkes still been representing Fairline I am sure you would have received invites to London, Southampton and Swanwick. You may receive them but of course it will be for Princess now.

What is often overlooked at the shows is the opportunity to renew acquaintances with customers and keep brands in people's minds. It also spreads a bit of feel good factor when you get the invite, you feel love for the brand. What will hurt Fairline owners is if they don't get free tickets and parking to the shows as they used to. It may seem like a small thing in the general scheme of things but without cruising clubs and social events - Sunseeker are kings of the social events, it's all that keeps you attached to the brand.

Henry I don't want any contact, I don't need any free tickets or anything like that, I am a " Barkes fan" and would do business with them again without hesitation, and I mean that.

none of that is the point of what I was saying, say no more I am not being rude but I am bored now.

MapisM

Visit site
none of that is the point of what I was saying, say no more I am not being rude but I am bored now.
Far from willing to be rude either, but then what was your point exactly?
I (sort of) lost you with Boats Co and FL laughing at this thread - as if there weren't several clients among the posters, your good self being one of them...! :confused:

paul salliss

Visit site
Far from willing to be rude either, but then what was your point exactly?
I (sort of) lost you with Boats Co and FL laughing at this thread - as if there weren't several clients among the posters, your good self being one of them...! :confused:

I meant laughing in the context of this

Imagine if you were reading thousands and thousands of words written by people about a very complex financial / sales scenario that relates to your own company.

Clearly you being the business owner know the truth, you are reading these posts from dozens of people most of which know no facts at all and at best are in the know with their pontoon talk, so in that context I said I would bet that they would be laughing and rolling their eyes at the wlid conjecture, and poorly qualified comments.

I wander how many people who have commented are talking from a base of facts, if my point was not clearer then I apologise.