Extend battery life on tablets

harry potter

Visit site
Have had fun using 360 Security. Have used it for about a month to minimise memory usage and Force Stop applications not required. WI-FI seems to resurrect applications consuming memory to some extent but once you have left harbour this should be OK.

Anyone else tried it?

harry potter

Visit site
While we are talking about tablets, is there any way to stop the prioritisation of application updates when using a weak Wi-Fi signal in a marina? It makes the service totally unusable and is very, very frustrating.
All I want is a weather forecast.

mjcoon

www.mjcoon.plus.com
While we are talking about tablets, is there any way to stop the prioritisation of application updates when using a weak Wi-Fi signal in a marina? It makes the service totally unusable and is very, very frustrating.
All I want is a weather forecast.

I take it we are on Android? I have most of the (Tesco) built-in apps set not to update automatically. This is because I don't use them and an update has to go in internal memory, using it up, rather than the ROM they were delivered in. The wretched things are still listed as "needing" update; I just don't do them...

Mike.

JumbleDuck

Visit site
Switching off mobile data saves a huge amount of power, particularly in area with weak signals. I have automatic updates set to off in both my Android phone and my Android tablet. Sometimes an individual app causes issues - for example, if I update the Youtube app on my phone (ancient, Android 2.3) then it halves the battery life by starting itself and attempting constantly to sync something. It's worth looking at the usage chart to see if something unexpected is happening.

harry potter

Visit site
There is an App All-In-One Toolbox which appears related to 360 Security as some of the graphics are the same.
It looks a bit more powerful i.e. dangerous. Don't want to uninstall - possibly 'disable' in settings will work.
It is entertaining and informative to have Navionics or Marine Navigation running, last time to explain a roller coaster ride just inside N Sturbridge ( to avoid tanker) with wind against tide. We do use paper charts as well!

Also good in fog.

Colvic Watson

Visit site
With Navionics on full screen brightness running GPS the charger to the iPad Air only just keeps up, if I have mobile data on the battery actually depletes! The mini charges faster though.

harry potter

Visit site
Not wishing to become a bore, but do the tide and current values on Navionics go out of date when you opt for the 'no updates' ?
We have a chart! But it is so lazy to just check on Navionics to see whether the tide is going our way outside Yarmouth IOW. So far it has been pretty accurate. Is it a magic formula?

Colvic Watson

Visit site
Not sure - my sub just ran out but the tides are still working. I much prefer Tides Planner though, a bit 'DOS' like if you know what I mean but a very clear and accurate tool. Nothing lazy about using Navionics rather than paper charts.