Eva foam teak

john-m

Visit site
Looking to fit some of this on my boat decks. I've got a few questions for people who already have it.
Is the glue on the back of it good enough to stick it down or does it require something else, also how water proof and uv resistant is it?

Thanks john

KDee

Visit site
I would go with additional adhesive. Fitted 2 small pieces last year, one on step from bathing platform to cockpit, always exposed to weather. This has stuck well, looks ok, so far, and does the job, but is small enough to replace easily if necessary. Second one just inside cockpit, somewhat bigger. This has stuck well enough apart from one corner, which means I probably didn’t do a good enough job of cleaning the grp! The material seems to have good stability, is comfortable to walk on, easy to clean.

bigwow

Visit site
I would go with additional adhesive. Fitted 2 small pieces last year, one on step from bathing platform to cockpit, always exposed to weather. This has stuck well, looks ok, so far, and does the job, but is small enough to replace easily if necessary. Second one just inside cockpit, somewhat bigger. This has stuck well enough apart from one corner, which means I probably didn’t do a good enough job of cleaning the grp! The material seems to have good stability, is comfortable to walk on, easy to clean.

That's good to know, I'm thinking of doing the galley sole with it, a cheap one from Banggood, China.

fdisk

Visit site
cabin sole 2.jpgcabin sole 2.jpg

I've used it both outside around the companionway and to overlay the badly worn cabin sole. Have had no issues with quality of the adhesive, it was easy to cut and fit, and is holding up well.
companionway.jpg

wellf100

Visit site
i ordered 2 rolls on ebay for about £100 total to put on all the non-skids parts of my boat (17ft open bow and exposed to the elements). I gave the non-skid a very light sand to flatten it slightly and stuck the decking on top with just the adhesive backing supplied on the EVA. Been down a year and still stuck firm after a year of use and weather. (I sealed round the edges to stop water getting underneath through the remaining non-skid pattern).

Very pleased with it and it has transformed the look of the boat and the feel underfoot for very modest cost.

Bouba

Visit site
Does anyone know if this Eva foam teak has any sound proofing or anti vibration properties? My engine is mid cabin and I was thinking about carpet but this looks a better option.
Final question, can you get the teak pattern to go around floor obstacles (like hatches) so it looks like real teak and not linoleum?

FlyingGoose

Visit site
Does anyone know if this Eva foam teak has any sound proofing or anti vibration properties? My engine is mid cabin and I was thinking about carpet but this looks a better option.
Final question, can you get the teak pattern to go around floor obstacles (like hatches) so it looks like real teak and not linoleum?

Hi no its just foam underlay and gives some insulation but not as good as using the noise cancelling flooring and you would need to cut out the hatches and line up the lines of the teak run , so it would be better to order extra.
I have laid all this down in my interior and have many hatches to cover , looks good when down , easy to clean and gives some insulation for heat

Bouba

Visit site
Hi no its just foam underlay and gives some insulation but not as good as using the noise cancelling flooring and you would need to cut out the hatches and line up the lines of the teak run , so it would be better to order extra.
I have laid all this down in my interior and have many hatches to cover , looks good when down , easy to clean and gives some insulation for heat
Thanks FG