Euromillionaire plans

Sybarite

Visit site
artificial wood.

The yard foremen goes to Gabon and selects in the forest the mahogany trees that he wants. They are felled there and matured for two years. They are then shipped back to the Amel yard where they are aged for another three tears before use: "artificial" ...!!??

It's not for nothing that in France they are called the Rolls-Royce of boats.

If you are referring to the deck moulding, Amel said that there should be no exterior wood as it is only maintenance worry after time. However, the new 64' does have real teak decks ( after the demise of the 'Capitaine' ? ) and this 55' may also have them. I'm not sure.

Last edited:

nimbusgb

www.umfundi.com
The yard foremen goes to Gabon and selects in the forest the mahogany trees that he wants. They are felled there and matured for two years. They are then shipped back to the Amel yard where they are aged for another three tears before use: "artificial" ...!!??

It's not for nothing that in France they are called the Rolls-Royce of boats.

Not just in France.

epervier

Visit site
Don't show Searush, he'll never forgive you for having underwater lights, and they're blue:eek:

AMEL2520552520NUIT2520201125C225A9jmRieupeyrout252025200539.jpg

Vara

Visit site
I know it's just me but I really dislike the shiny finish on the wood work, but if nip came to tuck I spose I could learn to live with it.

Sybarite

Visit site
This one will do me; http://www.perininavi.it/en/fleet/sailing-yachts/salute

And by the way, feel free to enter the lottery as every little helps for when I win

A couple of years ago in Italy Swmbo fell in love with another Perini

http://www.perininavi.it/en/fleet/sailing-yachts/carlottav

At least with the Amel you don't always have a crew to deal with. I mean don't you find that you have to spend half your time just sorting out the professional crew problems. Downsize I say!

sighmoon

Visit site
If you are referring to the deck moulding, Amel said that there should be no exterior wood as it is only maintenance worry after time.

Agreed. But why make it look (a bit) like wood? The finish of one I saw in the flesh reminded me of some plastic furniture I saw in pound land. This one looks like it may be the real thing though.

Other that, I was impressed with an Amel I looked round in Southampton a few years ago. One feaure I liked was that closing the doors makes a watertight bulkhead.

How do they keep all those candles and vases of flowers in place while sailing? :eek:

Also fake?

This would do it for me unless I could find the right Fife.:
http://www.spirityachts.com/spirityachts_56.htm
Cheers,
Chris

Yes, but only if I was going to pay someone else to keep the brightwork perfect.

Last edited: