Essential kit when you go sailing...

GHA

Visit site
Selected few from the "take on deliveries" Evernote check sheet...

A length of dyneema and bundle of ziplok bags, some postit notes, decent multimeter & handful of Croc leads..

Then on the smartphone - Evernote for taking pics/website grabs of weather forecasts, local nav warnings, chartlets etc, hfweatherfax & degen 1103 radio for wfax/dwd weather, pocketgrib, marine traffic,

And a kindle, with some moitessier on it :)

l'escargot

Visit site
I'd never take a bear on as crew...

Pete
Except this one ;):

2nq4kr9.jpg

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
I'm still trying to work out why Serin got so shirty.

We use duvets and sheets and proper pillows etc in our own boat.

I sometimes take my military issued sleeping bag with me on other peoples boats but I've used it in the Arctic and it's a bit warm for more temperate climes.

It's got a burst free zip and if it's good enough for a Royal a Marine to escape from and to their fire position when suddenly attacked at night, I think Serin is over egging his anti sleeping bag story perhaps.

Three drowned in their sleeping bags would have made the news if it was in Europe and I get all the MAIB reports and I don't remember any incident. Perhaps he can point me in the right direction?

JumbleDuck

Visit site
Three drowned in their sleeping bags would have made the news if it was in Europe and I get all the MAIB reports and I don't remember any incident. Perhaps he can point me in the right direction?

It's not so much the "three drowned in their sleeping bags", more the "three drowned solely because they were in their sleeping bags" which intrigues me. I find it difficult to imagine something happening to a boat in which ten seconds difference could matter, fatally, to three people. Which is not to say it didn't happen, just that I think we really need more details before we can decide if it's a significant risk,