ePropulsion experience

pipemma

Visit site
I see quite a lot of these electric outboards marketed as Short Shaft, are they the equivalent to an I/C standard shaft?

I'm toying with getting one for use on a 2.5m tender, I think a shorty will be fine (easier to stow) but I'm a tad confused by the measurements.

I also have this question, which wasn't really answered. ePropulsion suggest their "short" shaft is the same length as a conventional long shaft, and that you need an "extra short" shaft to be equivalent to a conventional short shaft.
Can anyone who has already bought the ePropulsion confirm which shaft length they bought?
Thanks

russ

Visit site
I also have this question, which wasn't really answered. ePropulsion suggest their "short" shaft is the same length as a conventional long shaft, and that you need an "extra short" shaft to be equivalent to a conventional short shaft.
Can anyone who has already bought the ePropulsion confirm which shaft length they bought?
Thanks
I bought a short and I should have bought the extra short. If anyone wants to swap?

Travelling Westerly

Visit site
Thanks
I bought a short shaft for my Zodiac Milpro M9 dingy, way too long. Luckily Nestaway Boats swopped it for an extra short shaft.
Also have an AB AL 9 RIB and the extra short is perfect.

Alicatt

Visit site
The boat that we looked at a couple of weeks ago had one of those long shaft Torquedos as an auxiliary to the Honda outboard, the owner was saying that it can push the little 20ft 1.2tonne semi displacement boat along at 4kn and the battery will last about 5 hours at that speed, thought it was not bad for two smallish 12V batteries that are charged by a solar panel on the cabin roof, well the batteries were slightly bigger than the engine start battery and smaller than the house battery.

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
I have a perfectly good 2.5 suzuki but SWMBO has been suffering from headaches since a head injury and has to wear ear defenders in the dinghy for more than a short trip at the moment, something silent would be worth having but it's a lot of cash to spend based on guesswork and a second battery is silly money.
Spend the money and look after SWMBO. Once she is put off boating you are doomed. I speak from experience.

Boathook

Visit site
Looking a buying a Spirit but my main concern is security as I don't fancy lugging the battery around when I pop to a pub or supermarket when ashore.

There is a good comparison with Torqeedo on the Nestaway site - Epropulsion Spirit PLUS & EVO 1kW Electric Outboard
Early days for me so far with the epropulsion, but I lock the battery to the dinghy seat so that it is separate from the motor. The motor also has a lock accross the clamps. I take the magnetic kill cord fob with me to try and increase the look else where bit.
If a thief really wants it nothing will stop them.

Robih

Boat - West Scotland, Home - Tamar, Devon
Visit site
Early days for me so far with the epropulsion, but I lock the battery to the dinghy seat so that it is separate from the motor. The motor also has a lock accross the clamps. I take the magnetic kill cord fob with me to try and increase the look else where bit.
If a thief really wants it nothing will stop them.
I take the same view and security tactics. One cannot be paranoid about it otherwise one would never leave the boat. If it gets nicked it is insured. As much as I dislike our society in this regard one has little choice but to roll with it.

Farmer Piles

Visit site
I lock our conventional outboard to the transom but locks only stop honest people or opportunists. Down this part of the world they cut the transom out with a battery powered saw and take it with the outboard.

Farmer Piles

Visit site
Same thought crossed my mind.
Just don't do what we did with our lifejackets in Fowey last year. We went for a long walk, got back tired and and low blood sugars and left them in the lockers and forgot to collect them. Only realised when we got to Plymouth/Cawsands. They were still there five days later on our way back home to the Fal. We always carry extras anyway.