Environment Agency mooring charges

LadyInBed

montymariner.co.uk
We have been informed that our moorings will only be available for eight months this year as they will be doing some maintenance work.
The downside is that they are still charging us for twelve months use. Is that normal or should we have expected a reduced charge?
We will still have to pay to keep the boats elsewhere for the four months, so effectively paying twice!
I'm not sure what they will be doing that will take them four months, they haven't let on :nonchalance:

Seajet

Visit site
I take it they're fore and aft moorings on the Frome ?

Most insurers are unhappy about swinging moorings in winter.

Yes I'd say if you're going to have to move your boat and pay elsewhere which you wouldn't normally do, you should get a reduced fee.

Whether that works as ' common sense ' to an outfit like EA is another matter...

Gelfie

Visit site
There are loads of empty moorings farther up the river. Shortly they can offer you an alternative for the 4 months whilst they do the work. If you have a problem try radclyffe yc as they would do you a deal on one of their deep water moorings over the winter.

maby

Visit site
Just about to, I thought I would seek opinion of others as to whether they were being reasonable or not first.

I guess it all depends on the wording of your contract with them. If it explicitly gives you 12 months for the agreed fee, then I don't think they are being reasonable and you should get some reduction in your fee. They may have some small print in there which entitles them to request access for maintenance - in which case you may have less of a case.

lw395

Visit site
They are investing in the moorings.
Expect next years 12 month deal to be 1.5x this years 8 months. Plus inflation.