Engine mounts

Clypsie'sDream

Visit site
I’d be interested in any yacht owners experience with ‘Sole’ Spanish engine mounts ?
I have a Volvo MD30 installed in my 44ft shaft drive aluminum boat. Volvo mounts x 4 are £1200 ! Sole are half price but will they last ?

peteK

Visit site
Av online marine engine mounts is another one but appear to be the same as the Parts4engines mounts.

Refueler

Visit site
Are Vetus mounts still out there ?

The guy who fitted the 4-99 to my 25 originally - used Mini Petter mounts ... YES ! Mounts designed for a 12hp ... the 4-99 was 39hp. Not only that - but set the bolts UP through the oak bearers - then bolted to engine - then lsid whole lot into place .... lined it up and fixed. When 25yrs later they failed ... YES - they lasted that long - we had to hack the mounts out with the engine as there was only about 1" clearance under the oak bearers ...

The replacements were angle iron bearers - so bolts could be got at and serviced ... Vetus mounts used .....

Few years later when the 4-99 seized and was replaced by the 4-107 (a drop in fit) - the same Vetus mounts were still perfect and used. Many years later - still good ....