Engine help - Southend area

flipper

Visit site
Does anyone have any recommendations for someone in the Southend area who might help me remove my Yanmar YSB 8 and re engine with the replacement (YSB 12 so will slot straight in I'm told - yeah right - Insha'Allah ;))

When I mean help, I mean lead the project with me helping. I can arrange lifting at the yard but need someone with a bit of know how, preferably who has done it before. I did speak to Gruntle about it but haven't seen him around here for ages. I am quite practical and not afraid of getting my hands dirty, but this is beyond my skill set. Happy to agree a price/daily rate based on estimated time to do the job. I would need to clean and paint the engine compartment in between so it wouldn't happen in one go - more of a phased installation...

Whilst I'm at it I also need to re-wire, so if they do electrics too, so much the better. Again, I'm not looking for someone to do the job for me, just work with me so I can learn as we go along.

I've had to face the fact that Kat B is not going to make it into the water this season as (proper) work has gone mad and I keep uncovering more jobs to do on the boat. With that said I've decided to do a complete refit during the season, especially as I've now ripped out the headlining to get at the deck leaks. Meanwhile I have been gathering goodies for my boating bottom draw and will probably be going cap in hand looking for my old crewing positions, so at least I might get some sailing in this year :eek:

Kat B is a 25' Itchen Ferry sloop btw

Cheers

Patrick

gruntle

brightlingsea, but planning the next trip
Visit site
Hi Patrick,
I can help you with whatever you need in the engine/electrical line, so give me a ring (07905258914). Our internet connection is so pants, I don't get onto the forum as much as I would like to, so the phone is probably the best bet.

Cheers
Colin:D