Enforced Sale

byron

RIP
Visit site
Who remembers Ken Grimes? Former Commode of the Oxford Ditch and the now defunct Purley Cruiser Club. Those of you that knew him will remember he went to live in Bonnie Scotland some considerable time ago but still (rarely) shows up at the odd boating venue.

Anyway Princess G is on Ebay. Item Number 120695119745 if anyone is interested.

Richard Shead

Slipped Anchor
Visit site
Hmmm

Who remembers Ken Grimes? Former Commode of the Oxford Ditch and the now defunct Purley Cruiser Club. Those of you that knew him will remember he went to live in Bonnie Scotland some considerable time ago but still (rarely) shows up at the odd boating venue.

Anyway Princess G is on Ebay. Item Number 120695119745 if anyone is interested.

Lick a paint...sort it out......

Brayman

Visit site
I'm surprised Ken kept it for so long, it's a long way down from Scotland.

It's a sad sight, he loved that boat when he was down here.

Saw him last year at Shillingford.

oldgit

Visit site
I'm surprised Ken kept it for so long, it's a long way down from Scotland.

It's a sad sight, he loved that boat when he was down here.

Saw him last year at Shillingford.

In restored condition they hold their prices really well.
project33.jpg

No Regrets

Visit site
That one looks like you could sink ten grand into it, and still need to spend the same again just to make it usable though... :(

No Regrets

Visit site
£3950 - who'd have guessed it? A big boat for the money but possibly years of work. As No Regrets says, it could become a money pit! :(

Our Broom is a lovely example, but I could do £5000 quite easily bring her up to what I consider to be in a state where everything is tickety boo.

The trouble is with any unkempt vessel, is the hidden stuff.

Once polished, Varnished and reupholstered, which is £3000 worth and some DIY, you have the engines, transmissions and essentials such as steering and electrics, which, worst case would be £30000, or the nice way £2000 at the very least.

The list goes on, as we all know... :(

Andrew_Fanner

Visit site
Once polished, Varnished and reupholstered, which is £3000 worth and some DIY, you have the engines, transmissions and essentials such as steering and electrics, which, worst case would be £30000, or the nice way £2000 at the very least.

The list goes on, as we all know... :(

Did some ball park for Jedi a while back, which included £5k on a serious engine strip and fix both sides. Just the cost of the cable for a full rewire to replace the random rats nest was scary. Chancellor needs to do something for boaters. "For" not "to":)

pheran

Visit site
Did some ball park for Jedi a while back, which included £5k on a serious engine strip and fix both sides. Just the cost of the cable for a full rewire to replace the random rats nest was scary.

'Unfortunately' our current boat needs nothing doing to it, not a penny to be spent. Which is a damn shame in some respects if only because it means I can't now go to Boat Jumbles with any great enthusiasm. Bargain hunting at such events used to be one of my great joys! :)

daveyw

Visit site
I remember building a couple of these in Thames Ditton. Can't remember much about them. Ash interior and I smashed a Paddy O'door with a chuck key!

byron

RIP
Visit site
I remember building a couple of these in Thames Ditton. Can't remember much about them. Ash interior and I smashed a Paddy O'door with a chuck key!

You talking about the Profile 33 which was the start of this thread? They were originally designed and built by an old mate of mine Dave Ganaway and were built on the Hamble at Bursledon. Essentially they were designed to be a harbour patrol boat but the design found favour in the leisure market. This particular one was a home finished jobbie mostly done by Ken Grimes.

daveyw

Visit site
You talking about the Profile 33 which was the start of this thread? They were originally designed and built by an old mate of mine Dave Ganaway and were built on the Hamble at Bursledon. Essentially they were designed to be a harbour patrol boat but the design found favour in the leisure market. This particular one was a home finished jobbie mostly done by Ken Grimes.

Yep, the Profile 33. Think we fitted VP engines not fords. Think this is one of ours http://motorboats.apolloduck.co.uk/feature.phtml?id=110573

Last edited: