End of Winter Project Finished!

kingfisher

Visit site
Great job.
From a tech point of view: meta tags are there, so is a traffic tracker. Excellent.

What I know from the feedback of my webpage is
a) there are similar boats where you wouldn't expect is (from 10nm from my home port to New Zealand)
b) install a tech corner, where people can tell about the things that are about to fail, and where spares can be found.

<hr width=100% size=1>Group of people on the pontoon: skipper is the one with the toolbox.
http://sirocco31.tripod.com

Newbieknownowt

Visit site
Great website Sando (it got me wondering why yours was so much better than the boatbuilders!) and a lovely looking boat. One thing I was wondering though is how much does the thing weigh? I know it's trailable, but do you need a 4x4?(my tired old sprogmobile won't cope with anything over 1800kg, trailer etc included).

P.s. I couldn't get the guestbook link to work, else I would have left a message there.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Jools_of_Top_Cat

Visit site
Initial look is very nice, tidy and appears well laid out, but if you would like my critique and hope you do not take this as a slur to the work you have put into the site >

1. Don't like the red banners on the home page, distracting, and may cause red / green colour blind viewers problems, I always, rightly or wrongly try to avoid red green on my website.

2. I actually found it quite hard to navigate, at one point I saw the photo's of boats but when I wanted to go back for another look it took me a few clicks to find them again.

3. The clickable links at the bottom of the pages keep changing or on some pages dissapear altogether, consistancy is the key.

4. 2 clicks to anywhere is a general rule, getting led down a long path with no way out other than going back to the begining can be frustrating for viewers.

5. some missing alternate text on you photographs or picture links, this is a real sin in the webpage creation bible, many blind people use webreaders, or people have pictures turned off, I do on my laptop when connecting through my mobile, some of your photo's do have alt statements, but it is worth being a little more descriptive.

6. Your next page route keeps bringing me back to the same place, you cannot follow it through the whole site, I like to be taken into a website like this, on a tour with the odd outlink, how or in what order would you like a viewer to see the pages..... A site map might be a useful addition.

Please don't get me wrong, I am still working on my site, making mistakes and fixing them, I have some very critical friends who even pick up the odd dropped full stop lol. I like it, but you did ask!

<hr width=100% size=1>J

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.topcatsail.co.uk>
1.gif
</A>

1114C

Visit site
I thought it very good indeed - a good looking site but most importantly good content - so many seem to focus on look and feel to the omission of content which is after all the point

Very interesting too - have always thought it would be good to have a site for my own type of boat but have never had the energy to organise it - your site increases my feelings of guilt

<hr width=100% size=1>