EDC Flybridge controls

bill.sambeek

Visit site
Hi, I have just completed an upgrade of my KAD42's to KAD44's and unfortunately the guy I bought the engines from has not come forth with the flybridge controls (even though they were part of the sale).
Are these still available or could someone advise me where I might be able to secure a good set of controls and cables from ?

jrudge

Visit site
Hi, I have just completed an upgrade of my KAD42's to KAD44's and unfortunately the guy I bought the engines from has not come forth with the flybridge controls (even though they were part of the sale).
Are these still available or could someone advise me where I might be able to secure a good set of controls and cables from ?

You can try Coastal Rides - link below - nothing showing re the units but always worth a call , but I would make very strong representations to the seller and make it his problem.

https://coastalrides.co.uk/index.php?route=product/search&search=edc

If not then Ebay generally is a good source for older bits.

The bill I suspect will be eye watering.

I have EVC - ( I have nil knowledge of EDC, but would imagine the major bits are similar ) and on the flybridge I have

1. Helm Control Unit ( pretty sure there are 2 but not 100%) - boxes of electronics
2. Throttle
3. Helm Selector
4. Port and Stbd Stop / Start - you could skip this)
5. All the instrumentation ( which is all part of the EVC system)
6. Cables to joint it all up

The throttles I know sell for £1000 ish on Ebay.

I would be surprised if Volvo will still supply it.

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk

You will also need 2 helm control units , I’d be nice to him and ask him again as your into big money for what you need.

bill.sambeek

Visit site
That's the problem , he says he has them somewhere but cant find them - its been 3 mth's so far so I need to move on and try and source replacement...pity as you say , is an expensive solution..

bill.sambeek

Visit site
thanks volvopaul - these are the parts i believe i require - unfortunately the control and control panel are now obsolete
Xxxxxx - Control
Xxxxxx - Control panel
874125 - Elect unit x 2
874148 - Cable kit x 2
873921 - Wiring harness x 2
873916 - Extension cable x 2

jrudge

Visit site
What did you pay him for the engines ? It would not surprise me if the bill for that lot is similar, if you can find them at all.

I am not a person to ever revert to suing someone but here you might want to consider it - if nothing else it might focus the mind and help him remember where they are.

The difference in value with / without the controls will be huge.

What boat? Do the engines otherwise work ok from lower helm ? What prompted the change in the first place?

bill.sambeek

Visit site
What did you pay him for the engines ? It would not surprise me if the bill for that lot is similar, if you can find them at all.

I am not a person to ever revert to suing someone but here you might want to consider it - if nothing else it might focus the mind and help him remember where they are.

The difference in value with / without the controls will be huge.

What boat? Do the engines otherwise work ok from lower helm ? What prompted the change in the first place?

The old engines were kad42's with very little service history and then one developed a 'rattle' - potentially a failed piston.
Found a pair of low hrs kad44's with DPE drives and all cables and controls for a very reasonable price .
Appeared to be a fairly simple upgrade however except for the lack of flybridge controls - however do have lower helm controls ..
Still hoping previous owner comes good with the flybridge controls but not holding my breath ..
Boat is a 40ft powercat - Sea executive ..
Thanks for the links ...?

bill.sambeek

Visit site
Well after 3 years finally have a flybridge helm working (Covid hasn't helped)- many thanks to "Coastal Rides" for their patience and assistance with cables controls etc .
I have one last Kremlin to sort out now - cabin helm tachos read great , but flybridge helm tachos read almost double of what the the cabin helm revs are.
I've reached the tachos with updated ones (digital hr Meter) and still no joy .
I can't see any adjustments on either the old kad42 Meyers or the newer type ..
any advice would be great appreciated .
Cheers...