Eat my Wash!

jmmt

Visit site
Boat Show time again! Can it be only a year since the last one? You can always tell in Southampton Water though as the big boys are out to play perched up high on their flybridge prams just like the marine version of Mr Toad. There they go - max revs on the big diesels - creating the mother of all washes with absolutely no regard for other lesser craft far less any notion of good seamanship! Of course they don't fly banners saying "Eat my wash" - it just feels that way sometimes...

[2068]

Visit site
Most of the boats out on demo will be helmed by professional skippers.
I'd be very suprised if any dealer let Mr Toad helm.

jhr

jamesrichardsonconsultants.co.uk
Most of the boats out on demo will be helmed by professional skippers.
I'd be very suprised if any dealer let Mr Toad helm.

There are rules about the minimum level of qualification required to helm a boat at SIBS. Iirc, this followed a fatal accident a few years back, when somebody inexperienced was helming a demo boat.

No-one should be going above 6 knots, north of the entrance to the Itchen, in any event.

South of that point, there is no speed limit, though of course good seamanship should prevail at all times. The worst wash in this area normally comes from Tugs, RedJet Cats and Pilot Boats in my experience :)

D

Deleted User YDKXO

It's like the horns that sprout when people sit behind the wheel of a powerful car. People turn green & warty when they get behind the helm of a powerful boat.

Oh, deeply funny. Not. There's just one negative comment after the other about powerboats from you. If you don't like powerboats what the hell are you doing on this forum? Bugger off back to Scuttlebutt

jhr

jamesrichardsonconsultants.co.uk
Oh, deeply funny. Not. There's just one negative comment after the other about powerboats from you. If you don't like powerboats what the hell are you doing on this forum? Bugger off back to Scuttlebutt

I think Searush is taking le piss - some of his best friends are moboers, even if they inhabit the Stygian, Brobdignagian depths of North Wales. :D

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk

:D ROFL :D It's a good job no-one teases me about being a raggie innit? :D

And I thought it would be useful for you to have the "enemy's" perspective.:D

Just put me on ignore, I won't mind. :cool:

Kawasaki

Visit site

I think Searush is taking le piss - some of his best friends are moboers, even if they inhabit the Stygian, Brobdignagian depths of North Wales. :D

I agree, Rushi aint no mobo basher in truth
But he should have posted 'some peeps get all warty' etc etc

I must add too
'Not one of your more tactfull renderings Mr Rush!!!;)'

Oi!
Where the fecks Brobdignagian?
Is it just outside Bodelwyddan , Bodorgan or Betwys Y Coed?:p

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Oh for chrissakes, he is not Welsh as well. I might have guessed

jmmt

Visit site
I agree Skipper - it's NOT deeply funny to be on the receiving end of a big *power*boat ( your expression that I guess tells me that you are indeed an "Eat my Wash" person) wash passing much too close right down the middle of the fairway. I would further hazard a guess that you have an open array radar scanner active all the time?

Far from disliking motor boats - I'm an owner and a deep sea professional mariner so permit me to observe bad seamanship when I see it please!

Elessar

Visit site

Mr Googler

Visit site
Having run the try a boat for 3 years a while back rest assured no wash past the show. 25 knot in demo area plus u can only go in one direction and there is a boat there with a speed camera!! If you disobey any regs skipper is gone and boat owner very unhappy. Others coming for a nose can do what ever but rarely do as the police are always about. Hope anyone going has a great time :)

Heckler

Visit site
It's like the horns that sprout when people sit behind the wheel of a powerful car. People turn green & warty when they get behind the helm of a powerful boat.
Sunday afternoons at Peely Weely are when you see the horny ones, theyve been at the St Tudwals Islands all day (6 miles away) Had a few sherberts and they come flying in and see a raggie on its 4 kts way in, SWMBO is usually tidying the sails away and putting out fenders, they cant bare to wait a few mins and pass the raggie as they come off the plane. Give them raggies a good shaking about eh and get in front of them in the queue.
What they dont know or care about is that Gwynedd CC have a few rules and regs, one of them is that they shouldnt do more than 4 kts within 50 mtrs of another boat and the second is that the 4kt speed limit in the harbour also applies to the west of the entrance to around Gimlet Rock.
Of course the sun burned, sherbeted, driver sitting on top of his toy doesnt give a ****, does he?
Stu
PS
I love mobo ers really!