East Coast cruise in one day

Cantata

Visit site
Today I left Herne Bay and reached Felixstowe Ferry just over two hours later.
OK I went by car.
This was for an editorial meeting. Never 'landed' at the Ferry before (always passed by at about 10 knots SOG!), what a splendid East Coast place it is. A pinta in the pub, then really excellent cod and chips in the Ferry Cafe.
Then repaired to a boat's cockpit at SYH and had a creativity session about websites, washed down with a mug of coffee.
Excellent day, pity about the driving. At least the speed cameras seem to have disappeared from the A12, well I didn't see any... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

stevebrassett

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Excellent day, pity about the driving. At least the speed cameras seem to have disappeared from the A12, well I didn't see any... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Bet they saw you, though.....

mormargh

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
At least the speed cameras seem to have disappeared from the A12, well I didn't see any... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Only ones left on that stretch are the three average speed ones London bound between Feering and Kelvedon. They look like pretty permanent structures to me.

Glad to hear good report of the cafe. Recent breakfast in there particularly underwhelming given the price. Suspect they didn't like the cut of my jib.

Cantata

Visit site
[quote............Only ones left on that stretch are the three average speed ones London bound between Feering and Kelvedon. They look like pretty permanent structures to me...........

[/ QUOTE ]
Oooh I didn't see those. On the other hand the traffic was very heavy when I went past there so probably wasn't even doing 70 (I hope).
Forgot to say, had a slice of choccy cake after the f and c, and a lump of fruit cake at SYH. We really know how to live well.....

Gin

Visit site
I never leave home without my Road Angel, which is worth its weight in gold.

Until I had one of these I had no idea just how many concealed speed cameras there are on the back of overhead motorway gantries- a real revelation.( try heading East on the M20 around J4 & 5)

In case someone has a go at me- I don't make a practice of exceeding the limits but we are all human and mistakes can be made.

In fact I find that the large numerals displayed on my device are a very potent restraint against excesses and being spot-on accurate I prefer to refer to that display than my car speedo, the latter having built in inaccuracies of course, as we all know?

catseven

ally force 3 to 4 - good - East Coast, UK
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
At least the speed cameras seem to have disappeared from the A12, well I didn't see any... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

There are some cameras that can read your numberplate!

I was southbound a month or so ago in the outside lane (North Essex if I remember) travelling at around 60mph in heavy traffic. A smart a%&* ducking and diving from lane to lane flashed up the inside at high speed.

As he went past, a large roadside screen suddenly lit up........

"CAR ABC 123 SLOW DOWN!"

So they are out there watching us! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

catseven