Dufour 24

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
Yes,although it doesn’t have a furling jib like the one in Coruna,but it’s substantial cheaper……..unfortunately in my quest I have found almost all photographic evidence is very deceiving😂
A Plastimo furling gear and having the sail recut and hanks removed wouldn't be enormously expensive. The boat looks clean and tidy which is the main thing in this sort of price range.

Wansworth

Visit site
Yesterday went to see the Dufour 24 in Coruna.In fact it’s a Taylor built version built under license in Spain.The owner,who should get a PBO award,had over the years rebuilt the interior sorted the engine and generally maintained the boat.The next owner would have a bit of varnishing to do🙂.

The engine a Sole basically a single cylinder all purpose diesel engine from an Italian co,it has hand cranking if required…….with decompression leaver.
Basically ready to leave it berth and breast the choppy waves in the ria de Coruna although the owner a cautious type was doubtful about sea voyages and it was a bit tippy on initially stepping aboard and an three people put her stern down.

Summing up a nice little weekender for two,but it has some negative points all related to its sheer line,it’s flat and high,giving space below but should I say soulless…..that French design of function over form of that 1970 period.
It doesn’t t make my heart miss a beat of offer possibilities like the Gibsea 28,still early days to fully think around the possibilities

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
You've set your heart and mind on the Gibsea so you might as well just buy it and get started on the mountain of jobs awaiting you. You can't say you weren't warned though.