Dubarry Ultima.. a little local difficulty..

saxonpirate

Visit site
Funnily enough I have used sikaflex in a pair of trainer soles where foam had gone a bit. Worked well actually - trainer uppers died before the sika repair gave out.
Funny you should say that.. I've not long repaired my trainer soles with sikaflex, and a few years back the soles on two pairs of deck shoes that were flapping in the wind like tongues..

penberth3

Visit site
Oh.. I can see that Fred, and if the boots had had a normal working life in what can be a hostile environment I'd say fair enough, but that's far from the case, they spent the majority of their life in a dry drawer, not being effected by ultraviolet light which is the biggest killer of so many materials....

The problem with foam is oxidation. Worn or stored, light or dark, it's going to happen. You've nothing to complain about after 25-30 years.

pipemma

Visit site
Hmmm my Dubarry pair lost both their soles at the end of last season - clearly irreparable - after about 12 years of only light use, which was disappointing. I can't afford Doobs any more, and the manner of their demise also points me towards looking at another brand.
I saw the Orca Bay boots on Marine Superstore, clearly an imitation but I don't care as long as they work. Has anyone else any experience of them to offer? How do they size? My Doobs were a little large because I had to do mail order, but I'm likely going to have to do the same again, unless I go for rubber boots locally