DT 2.2 Suzuki

VicS

Visit site
The fuel tap on this outboard is occasionally leaking. Is it possible to retrofit an alternative to the recommended Suzuki part which is about £28 vs universal alternatives of a few quid?
Dont forget that the fuel tap incorporates the filter. Cheap universal taps may be in line taps which might be difficult to fit so that they are accessible and probably wont include a filter which will have to be sought separately

Google will find the right tap for about £15 or £16

Bav32

Visit site
Just recently replaced mine due to leaking too. Replaced it with the tap from a Yamaha 2hp.
Direct fit and an infinitely better made product.

Little Dorrit

Visit site
Dont forget that the fuel tap incorporates the filter. Cheap universal taps may be in line taps which might be difficult to fit so that they are accessible and probably wont include a filter which will have to be sought separately

Google will find the right tap for about £15 or £16
Thanks for your input, are you telling me there should be a filter inside the tap (see below)?

suzuki 2.2.jpe

NorthRising

Visit site
Ah ha I bought one of these earlier this year. Will have to investigate service soon. Curiously getting it to start seems to involve tilting it up with fuel tap open until fuel mix starts to drip into dinghy, then tilt it down and fires first time. Anyway thanks for this thread, I at least know where to find the filter.

Blueboatman

Visit site
Part no 7 perishes a bit with age.

The hose clamp no8 rusts too and can be difficult to undo without straining the underlying pipe and spigots ..
Cleverly the clamp compresses both the tank outlet spigot end of the no 7hose and the tap inlet spigot end too using just the one clamp. So using the wrong replacement clamp ie a standard jubilee clip will cause leaks by insufficiently clamping one or both ‘ends’ of the short no7 hose because it does not have a horizontal relieving slot in its centre part..

A ‘get you home’ would be two separate wraps of copper wire to secure the new bit of hose at each end , nipped up with a twist ‘just so’..

?Obv this would not pass any bi laws or insurance survey known to mankind but , it would get you home …. ?

The fuel tap itself may not actually need replacing ?

Fimacca

Visit site
Mine kept leaking whatever I did, so it was sold and it paid 50% into my shiny new 3.5 tohat.
Great thrust, I nearly plane with it !