Drone attack!

Gypsyjoss

Visit site
Anchored in Ormos Varis on the south of Siros a couple of weeks ago. First yacht to arrive. We then got buzzed by a rather large drone, presumably equipped with cameras. I did suggest to SWIMBO that she might like to do a slow strip to give the operator something worth recording!
Is this the shape of things to come? No sodding privacy anywhere?
Pete

nimbusgb

www.umfundi.com
Anchored in Ormos Varis on the south of Siros a couple of weeks ago. First yacht to arrive. We then got buzzed by a rather large drone, presumably equipped with cameras. I did suggest to SWIMBO that she might like to do a slow strip to give the operator something worth recording!
Is this the shape of things to come? No sodding privacy anywhere?
Pete

Public place what makes you think you are entitled to privacy?

sarabande

Visit site
Bloody intrusive drones; if someone puts their head over your garden fence to take photos they are committing a public order offence.

If you use a laser pointer as a distance finder to see if the drone is operating outwith the CAA ANO 166 and 167, you must be very careful as good laser pointer will overload the semiconductor chip which forms the basis of the digital lens. Ebay sells them.

Have no mercy !

OldBawley

Visit site
Anchored in Koiladhia. Used the sailing dingy to visit the Franchthi cave, was visited by a large professional looking drone that circled the dingy. The thing then blasted off at enormous speed to the private island Koiladhia.
Apparently the drone was used as surveillance. A lot more friendly approach than sending a rib with swat lookalikes.

Visit site
I look forward to this happening, I've got my old BSA Mecury 2.2 air gun on board just for popping the the odd can but its still well sighted in and a discrete silenced shot through a hatch and problem solved. Might have to practice leed shots.

Resolution

Visit site
I look forward to this happening, I've got my old BSA Mecury 2.2 air gun on board just for popping the the odd can but its still well sighted in and a discrete silenced shot through a hatch and problem solved. Might have to practice leed shots.

Thunder and Lightening! paddywackcocker, if your air rifle really is 2.2 calibre you should be able to down a jumbo jet! And you must have arms of steel to load the gun. Makes the .22 I keep to scare the rabbits look puny by comparison!
(Can one be a numerical pedant?)
Peter

OldBawley

Visit site
A slingshot with black Thera tubes would do the trick even better.
With 11mm ball bearing balls a car door is penetrated. Silent, cheap, small. Highly effective.

But why shoot the drone ?

Been visited and filmed by a small drone is far more pleasant than been circled and filmed by a 100 feet super yacht making three feet waves. Happens to us all the time.
Ten year old kid may steer while daddy films.

Those idiots have no idea what they are doing to us.