Dressed overall 2 - what flags do you carry

laika

Visit site
Code flags: those of you that carry the full set, have you ever used any other than Q for actual signalling? Or are they just carried so you can go fully dressed when pageants permit?

Mine are for actual signalling if needed. I have no intention to dress overall. But in practice, yes I’ve only ever used Q. Oh and T rather dubiously when I found myself without a French courtesy flag. If need arises I’d definitely favour November Charlie over a burning tar barrel.
We also hoist GT when friends are spotted.
“I will endeavour to connect with line throwing apparatus”? Or should that be “Lime” rather than “line”?

Bouba

Visit site
Mine are for actual signalling if needed. I have no intention to dress overall. But in practice, yes I’ve only ever used Q. Oh and T rather dubiously when I found myself without a French courtesy flag. If need arises I’d definitely favour November Charlie over a burning tar barrel.

“I will endeavour to connect with line throwing apparatus”? Or should that be “Lime” rather than “line”?
Q is plague

Chiara’s slave

Visit site

You can choose your garnish, we’ve usually got lime, lemon or grapefruit. A friend owns the Wessex distillery, so gin is always available.

Poignard

Visit site
There was a very nice boat in Antibes with an over large Ensign called Trafalgar
Naming one's motor yacht "Trafalgar" isn't very imaginative; a bit hackneyed; the product of a dull mind.

If one really wants to attract attention, why not choose a lesser-known battle that could become a real talking point, "Rorke's Drift" for example?

Bouba

Visit site
Naming one's motor yacht "Trafalgar" isn't very imaginative; a bit hackneyed; the product of a dull mind.

If one really wants to attract attention, why not choose a lesser-known battle that could become a real talking point, "Rorke's Drift" for example?
Drift isn’t an appropriate name for a motorboat

Bouba

Visit site

The boat itself is beyond stunning....I guarantee you would like it