Dournanez festival in July

Black Diamond

Visit site
We've booked in again this year. Going by road this time, though, and as Mrs BD is mate this year, we're luxuriating in a B & B in Tréboul, rather than living under the foredeck like a rat, as I did two years ago.

We're trailering down this year, as management put an end to my blue water sailing in BD, after my rather wild crossings from and back to Plymouth two years ago.

I hadn't visited for twenty years until 2016, but it's still great the Douarnenez end. Brest seems to have gone uber-commercial over the time, but it's not on this year.

DownWest

Visit site
Just got my invite for the Semaine du golfe in may next year. More alligned to the boats and crews than the general public, but still a great hands on event.. Gotta get busy on the new creation to be there.

SHUG

Visit site
I was there in 2016 on "Zoe" . Great, chaotic event but wonderful to be part of it. Some interesting tidal/navigational decisions on a daily basis and some wonderful boats to look at. GO!

Toutvabien

Visit site
I don't think that our 1980 GRP Oyster ketch quite qualifies for classic status but would love to see the festival, any suggestions as to places to moor nearby that would facilitate access to the festival?