Dogs on boats!

Victoria Sponge

Visit site
I like dogs.

What i don't like are the inconsiderate <insert range of unpleasant names and swear words> owners that some of them have. :mad:

Why do some owners think it's OK for the dog to roam around crapping and pissing anywhere it chooses ? Or to run around the deck yapping all day/night ? Or to sit in the backyard next to mine yapping all day to be let into the house ?

etc, etc, etc. :mad::mad:

I think the owners should all be put to sleep and good homes be found for the dogs :D

Completely agree with you!

My dog is well behaved and obedient, as all dogs should be. She also loves the boat.

DSCF1904.jpg

Victoria Sponge

Visit site
I Hate dogs,On or off boats

It's a free country, you are completely entitled to your hate! However, I would like to point out that dogs make an amazing contribution to the lives of many people, not just as loving pets, but as guide dogs, hearing dogs, dogs for the disabled, guardian dogs for people with life threatening illnesses, police dogs, military dogs, sheep dogs, customs and excise dogs....... there's probably more than this. :)

oldgit

Visit site
It's a free country, you are completely entitled to your hate! However, I would like to point out that dogs make an amazing contribution to the lives of many people, not just as loving pets, but as guide dogs, hearing dogs, dogs for the disabled, guardian dogs for people with life threatening illnesses, police dogs, military dogs, sheep dogs, customs and excise dogs....... there's probably more than this. :)

and a nice pussy cat will put any mutt in the shade !

Last edited:

Alan_C

Visit site
Dogs are very important - SWMBO is not too keen on boats but loves Newfoundlands and wants to get one & water train it for rescue etc.

We have the "you have a newf and i'll have a boat" conversation almost daily at present :)

Poignard

Visit site
Dogs are very important - SWMBO is not too keen on boats but loves Newfoundlands and wants to get one & water train it for rescue etc.

We have the "you have a newf and i'll have a boat" conversation almost daily at present :)

Don't take her to the Beale Park Boat Show this weekend - there's a demonstration of Newfoundland dogs rescuing people (leastways there was last year).

Tugw

Visit site
Tug...just you wait until these vicious buggers get hold of you :)

000_0024.jpg

16092011.jpg

DSCN2355.jpg

and here is divemaster fending them off :eek:
100_1119.jpg

The famous Sea Fairing Whippet Attack Dogs.

All photos taken on the boat

Tom

Actually i dont really hate them. We always had a dog in the house when i was a nipper, I just cant really take to them any more.Dont know why,But there it is

ccscott49

Visit site
My Lab loves the boat -
IMG_0524.jpg

Bl@@dy vicious looking beast! Probably lick you half to death!!
Looks like he/she can barely stay awake!! Must be the roicking action!!

Must admit to be very fond of Labradors, retrievers, newfies, alsatians and bernese mountain dogs.

Last edited:

Cheekybrat

Visit site

Sorry not to have got to the end of the thread before replying but .................... train a newfie? never going to happen
Nick Heath:D

Cookee

www.bananasharkracing.com
Bl@@dy vicious looking beast! Probably lick you half to death!!
Looks like he/she can barely stay awake!! Must be the roicking action!!

Must admit to be very fond of Labradors, retrievers, newfies, alsatians and bernese mountain dogs.

That's her what are you looking at stare - it's the same as the feed me stare and let me up on the sofa stare - experience tells you what she wants although being a Lab food is always an appropriate response! She's 3 1/2 and brilliant with puppies and small children and would quite rightly like you to death!

deborahann

Visit site
June06017.jpg

thats a mean eye stare, best for one of next doors dogs that pissed in the conservatory, and then ran upstairs yesterday, Henry was not happy. It was a much bigger dog. It got in via Henry's small dog flap.

Last edited:

Cheekybrat

Visit site
not a problem. Very obedient and even has her own boat :cool:

I can certainly understand her having any boat she wanted, they are not small dogs and the chances of me lifting one out of a boat are about zilch unless I wanted to put my back out. My Uncle used to breed them but I always considered my Dobe far easier to train:D
Nick Heath

salinia

Visit site
I completely agree, we are teaching our dog to enjoy our new boat with us. He is quite nervous still, but definately prefers being with us than staying with mum and dad. I am very strict about not letting him even think about peeing on the pontoons, he will soon work out that he has to wait to get to dry land before he goes.

I think I spotted your dog the other day...pleased to see the training is going so well.:)

dog_cleans_up_his_own_poop.jpg