Dog to Channel Islands

Gryphon2

Visit site
Anyone recent experience of taking a dog by yacht from UK to the CI and return .Are there any rules at all, either way?

Eccles

Visit site

Travelling with pets by leisure or pleasure craft to Jersey from the UK, Isle of Man, Channel Islands or the Republic of Ireland.

There are no restrictions for pets coming directly into Jersey from the Channel Islands, UK or Isle of Man. Pets traveling from the Republic of Ireland must be accompanied by a valid pet passport.
However, the skipper/master of the vessel must notify Jersey Coastguard (VHF Channel 82) or St Helier VTS (VHF Channel 14) before arriving at a Jersey harbour or anchorage.
Regardless of status or origin, animals are not permitted in St Helier Marina. Vessels with animals on board wishing to berth in St Helier will be directed to Elizabeth Marina (subject to availability) or to the holding pontoons on number 4 and 5 berths outside St Helier Marina.

superheat6k

Visit site
Visitors with dogs were not popular in St Helier when we last visited in 2015 to collect my then new to me Corvette. The ridiculous 'not in the marina' rule, then none of the pubs would allow the dog in. Indeed why we have not bothered returning since.

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
Why oh why can't we bring our furry friends back from France?
Because the quarantine system requires that their microchip is scanned so they can be sure the animal and the paperwork match. There's also the requirement for vet-administered worm treatment some short period before returning to the UK.

Zoonotic diseases are a thing, and although I'm a dog owner, I feel the quarantine restrictions are reasonable.

Incidentally, and a totally separate issue, you should keep dogs away from marine mammals, especially seals. There are distemper viruses that can infect both.

billyfish

Visit site
But you can bring them on a ferry. Now with AIS and all the regs it only the naughty boys that get through