Do you have a favourite picture or video from this years cruising

QBhoy

Visit site
Wee video from late last year. Heading home from the islands with a little trim on the outdrive !
Not sure what kind of speed, but the doral camera boat was full throttle at just under 50 gps. The Wee chase likely mid 60’s and 3 on board. Can’t wait for the season.

https://youtu.be/KMNabCi3i9I

Bouba

Visit site
Today was unusual. Yesterday was storm force winds (50mph) and tomorrow’s forecast is more of the same. But today was calm, especially this morning so I decided to exercise the boat engine (only 16 knots top speed, gulp!) still nice to be on the water on such a beautiful day. Some of you expressed an interest in my photos of the Plage d’Estagnol so I took some more:eek:
By the way is anyone going to the La Ciotat boat show (also known as the Marseille boat show)?

vas

Visit site
nice area Bouba, care to post some August pics from the same spot (if attainable) for comparison?
pretty sure the traffic wont be that appealing :(
but I'm sure water temp will be :)

V.

Bouba

Visit site
nice area Bouba, care to post some August pics from the same spot (if attainable) for comparison?

V.
I’m still searching the computer banks..... but as I recall, it’s busy, very busy but not as busy as the Porquerolles but as you know it’s not the anchored boats that are the problem but the passing boats (unless you know anyone who can fit stabilizers:p). Most boat traffic is in the day, especially lunch time, overnight it’s usually quiet. The beaches with car parking are the busiest for beach goers but I’ve never not got a table at a beach restaurant.

Bouba

Visit site

V.
Vas, this is all I can find, unfortunately it’s only Porquerolles (Plage la Courtade) a few summers ago

vas

Visit site
Vas, this is all I can find, unfortunately it’s only Porquerolles (Plage la Courtade) a few summers ago

interesting,

in our waters it is considered fully packed to be in more than one row parallel to the shore (and just drive off somewhere else)
Do ppl usually swim around their own boat, or do they go to the beach swimming carefully not to be hit by various pwc?

Definitely too crowded for me.

V.

Bouba

Visit site
interesting,

in our waters it is considered fully packed to be in more than one row parallel to the shore (and just drive off somewhere else)
Do ppl usually swim around their own boat, or do they go to the beach swimming carefully not to be hit by various pwc?

Definitely too crowded for me.

V.
At the height of the season I call it boat soup. So rocky from passing boats that I fell into the water once while trying to get into the dingy. But that’s nothing compared to the amount of day trippers coming off the ferries! But I love it and can’t keep away ;)
The French have no sense of safety, so swimmers and boaters meet with often near misses

Last edited:

MrB

Visit site
Today was unusual. Yesterday was storm force winds (50mph) and tomorrow’s forecast is more of the same. But today was calm, especially this morning so I decided to exercise the boat engine (only 16 knots top speed, gulp!) still nice to be on the water on such a beautiful day. Some of you expressed an interest in my photos of the Plage d’Estagnol so I took some more:eek:
By the way is anyone going to the La Ciotat boat show (also known as the Marseille boat show)?

They are some nice vistas Bouba but where is the Spaniel? You are running dangerously low on warnings!!:rolleyes: ;):D:cool::encouragement:

Bouba

Visit site
and my children!

Children on beaches bah humbug!
Once I was walking on a beach with my very assertive dog. These children had built an enormous sand castle, so my dog climbs to the top and pees on it (king of the castle). The parents were not only horrified they were English! So I pulled my best French face and carried on walking, quickly