Do you all have "personal" weather ?

adarcy

Visit site
Although Gludy thinks he carries his own bad weather around with him thus making the South Coast sunny etc, I can assure him that it is not so.

OUR OWN "PERSONAL" WEATHER

Last 'summer', first 2 weeks July weather so c**p we cancelled boating hol and went off to Loire for 10 days then to Suffolk. We only got out of the solent once all year and that was as far as Chichester!
This year, last 2 weeks June we had planned to go to the West Country. Friday overnighted in Newtown, Sat out past the Needles Fairway waves > 10ft Force 4 - Oh yeah - into Poole and sat there 3 days hearing the same weather forecast "It'll be Force 4-5 today and 2-3 tomorrow" After 3 days tomorrow had never arrived so, cancel boating again, back to Hamble and home, pack up car and drive to SoF.

It then gets blimmin hot, around Dijon the outside temp guage shows 39C - that's 102F even if not in the shade. Get to Antibes 33C in the shade in the day, SWMBO doesn't like it that hot and it only cools down to 26C once overnight in 10 days. Beautiful flat azure sea on 3 sides, I only last 2 days and get the team to agree to hire a boat for a day. The White Shark with a 225 outboard is a nono - "it doesn't have a 'proper' WC you see" so we have to slum it on a 9M Cap Camaret 150hp. Plan it for 2 days later as its booked till then.......... 2 more glorious flat calm days......

You've guessed it, the day we've paid for there's wind and frigging 4 ft waves !!! Get quite wet (and deaf from the O/B) going round the Cap and get a bit of shelter near Galice. Lunch complicated by one of the team nearly getting stuck in the WC. Nip over to the ? Lerins but on the way back no chance of planing into the seas about 5ft now, slogged all the way back to Antibes, lots of white horses, damp grumble grumble.
Next day
Next day

Totally flat calm, glassy sea brilliant and the boat's booked up!!

This Septemebr, one week hol the weather is so good we get as far as Cowes from the Hamble_____________

And Gludy thinkls he carries his own depression around with him.

Do others have this problem or is it really personal?

Anthony

G

Re: Do you all have \"personal\" weather ?

'Gardening Leave' from 19th July to 19th Aug, so from 19 July to August Bank Holiday, spent 22 days afloat - Christchurch, Poole, Swanage, Studland, Yarmouth, and 8 days in St Peter Port. Two rainy days in Guernsey, one electrical storm/monsoon in Christchurch while sat on top of radar arch with mains soldering iron...

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com

Is nothing safe? I do not think you can claim the title yet. Can I not take the credit for anything! Even last night , or to be precise just before 1 am this morning and the wife admits it, the earth shook for her. The bed trembled - even hundreds of birds left our lake and flew about wildly - but did I get the credit? No, she put it down to an earthquake would you believe!

I just went overseas (Cayman Islands) for two weeks - the first two of September and my marina enjoyed two glorious weeks. Now I am back, it all gone! You see moving West enabled the high to come and hover over you.

I have asked the boaters at the Marina them to do a whip around to send me back for a month but they are too tight fisted, so they will just have to suffer.

You will find that last summer - guess where I was - down the South coast, in Chichester area at weekends ( I really was)- that what caused your problems, not you. :)

Look, I am back to boating this coming weekend, the further West I go the better the weather you will all have, its that simple!

This is why I need a boat that can survive any weather. :)

Paul

Greg2

Visit site

A colleague recently told me about a friend at college who claimed that his life was controlled by two evil green lizards. The lizards were responsible for everything that happened to him and spent all day hatching evil plots to make his life as unpleasant as possible. If anything good happened it was because the lizards allowed it to happen and then was only a means of making something unpleasant happen. So if the weather was really good on one day it was only to make sure that he went out in shorts and T-shirt the next day, when it would turn cold and wet just to spoil his day.

Now I think that this theory has some merit, trouble is that this summer has been particularly good for us. Great weather virtually every weekend we spent on the boat and 2 weeks of good weather during our holiday aboard. We even had a day when we took friends for a short trip and barbecue and seemed to travel in a bubble of good weather whilst torrential rain lashed the surrounding countyrside.

The worry is that my lizards are obviously particularly devious and something particulalry foul must be about to befall us....!

hlb

RIP
Visit site

Tutts has her own weather.
If happy.Weather good.
If sad. Weather crap/rough/My fault.
If on way home and weather holes us up somewhere crap for a day or two. Then On third day. Weather no matter how bad. Is perfectly good for going back in.
When asked if she's enjoying her self. (She obviosly is) She only says. "I hate it when it's rough" " But we all hate it when it's rough" I says, and anyway it has'nt been rough all holiday! "You just bloody love it". She says. "You just sit there pressing buttons and thingies. Looking totaly in control. Yer orible." " What the F**K do you want me to do. Roll round on the floor shouting for Alla!" I says. Gradually the row builds up to a frenzy. Advise required.

<font color=red> No one can force me to come here-----------
----- I'm a Volunteer! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Haydn

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com

She just wants you to 'understand' and not actually do anything.
It has taken me years to learn this lesson. By asking what she wants you to do, you are assuming that she wants the moan solved ..... WRONG.
If you go about solving a women's moans you can get into big trouble - deep water - because you are removing the reason for the moan and that would mean they have nothing to moan about - this is a very unsettled state for any women to be in.

Whilst I offer this advice out of many years of experience, I am still trying very hard to counter the follow up moan, that comes at anytime from one hour to 20 years after the incident, and that moan is about why we did nothing - this is followed by the 'you no longer care as much as you did' moan. To date I have found this totally impossible to coumter - if you do something nice then this is considered as prove of your guilt, if you ignore her, this is considered as prove of your guilt, if you lose your cool, then again, you are proven guilty..... if you ever solve this one please let me know. :)

Paul

EME

www.lumishore.com

Totally unfair to any lady who lives in Mid Wales.

Rain is............wet
Snow is...........wet
Fog is..............normal

Is your glass 1/2 full or 1/2 empty?

I LIKE JETS !

p.s Given the momory span , wife is welsh-born as well !

The solution is therfore obvious
a) Move
b) If a) does not work ...........eerrgghh......a new ****/**********?

...I wanna boat please..

adarcy

Visit site
Re: the follow-up moan

Yes indeed Gludy, this is a VERY tricky problem.

I agree absolutely with your response to hlb <<She just wants you to 'understand' and not actually do anything >>. The secret (I think - it may bite me in up to 20 years - also agreed) is the way of managing the end of the 'understanding'.

Take hlb's problem, he needs to find something with buttons on it to fiddle with or something that 'needs' dissassembling and reassembling - he will have plenty of time to repeat this and he needs to pay enough attention to the understanding process. Not full attention though, that is far too pressurising and will lead to a row (he admits it) or worse a forced premature conclusion. You can't REALLY 'understand' if it doesn't take long enough. He needs to interpose enough ahs, umms and yesses to keep the process going. NEVER say "yes dear" - absolutely fatal. The frequency needs to increase as the flow slows, this shows he is NEAR understanding. If he fails to do this, silence may fall - he will be too slow to save the day and it will be obvious he "doesn't understand at all" with all that ensues.

Now the tricky bit.

When the flow slows, she may think someone "really DOES understand" it is then imperative that he convinces her he is NOT sure if he "really" does understand yet. This gives plenty of opportunity for another complete performance or, hopefully, just a selection.
Only after this can he take the risk of saying he THINKS he understands the problem but he certainly can't think of anything to do about it. One of 2 things can happen, he is accused of being complete rubbish/useless/whatever which was inevitable but he will have got some as yet uncounted brownie points for trying to 'understand' or - if he strikes lucky - he will tease out what if anything she wants to do about it. Any such action taken WILL get thrown up later at him but can usually be defused with the "but WE both agreed it was a good idea of YOURS". The "WE" is an absolute killer none of this "I thought you wanted...."

If she then concludes that nothing can or should be done about it, he should agree - with some uncertainty naturally, and his brownie bucket for understanding is well topped up.

In the meantime, he will have mended or broken something, had plenty of beers and avoided a row. The secret is to apply just enough attention to the process, full attention is far too threatening and she'll know he doesn't mean it, too little is fatal.

Best wishes.

All copyright freely waived.

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com

Excellent advice!!!!

I have been making the mistake of understanding too quickly, which I now realise left her no options - a women needs the option to change her mind and turn the whole b***dy thing on its head, remove that option and you have had it! ... got it now thank you.

I am still failing on the "We agreed ..." bit. There are so many occasions in life when there was an agreement for that to be refuted later as "you really knew that I did not agree ... or don't you understand me at all?" With this I usually end up with getting the blame for her agreeing!!! Yet if I state that only I wanted it and went ahead without her agreement, I am in big trouble but I suppose less trouble because then I am clearly to blame and that seems to bring happiness and a long itteration of "I told you so's", it being forgotten that we both agreed. I have concluded that women enjoy men being wrong whereas men get frustrated with women being wrong and try to put them right.

My conclusions, which I admit may be too logical are that there is no such thing as an agreement you can share responsibility for with a women. They only said that to please you ... they were forced into it ... anything but "yes we agreed and both made a mistake".

I accept that after all these years, I am still a novice. really to give all males a head start, all this should be taught at school! The subject could be called "Understanding Women" but even then the title is illogical. Maybe someone could suggest a better title.

Paul

hlb

RIP
Visit site

Well. I dont understand a word of that. And still dont understand Tutts. Mind you I've only had 30 odd years of practice. Understud her perfectly before we got married though????

Haydn

hlb

RIP
Visit site

Living wit women might be a better title. That does not infer that you have to understand. Just learn and get on with it!
Tother thing I want to know is. When I'm trying to tell her about some problem or whatever. Then maybe I mention some one else with a simmilar problem. Why the F*** she spends the rest of the night discussing Them, there wife/dog/children. And what happened to my problem??

Haydn

EME

www.lumishore.com
Wimmin ??

What's wrong with all you guys?

Where would you be without them?

Women are the living proof that men are absolutely normal. They're just different. Remember if she wasn't talking to them/their dog/their children then she'd be speaking toyou and complaining about your over indulgence in one of life's great pleasures.

So , whose evening would you prefer to have spoilt?

...I wanna boat please..

BarryH

Visit site

Try "Banging your bloody head against a wall and getting no where fast" class. Works for me! or the "Yes dear class" for short.

OK, to hell with it. Unbolt it and we'll use it as an anchor!

byron

RIP
Visit site
Re: Wimmin ??

I like Wimmin' I never mastered the Butterfly Stroke, my favorites are the Crawl and Sidestroke but find the Breast Stroke tiring and the doggy paddle childish.

ô¿ô
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.freeware.mcmail.com/435.htm>http://www.freeware.mcmail.com/435.htm</A>

EME

www.lumishore.com
Re: Wimmin /can everyone swim?

Maybe another post for another day?

And why is it wimmin prefer the Breaststroke is it cos they look serene? Or is it so that they can keep an eye on you so that they can make sure you're not ogling some luscious blonde who might come within sight if she dares take her eye of you?

(In MyDreams !!!!)

...I wanna boat please..

byron

RIP
Visit site
Re: Wimmin /can everyone swim?

Luscious Blondes stay away from me when Syd's around, he takes his Bouncer's job very seriously.

ô¿ô
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.freeware.mcmail.com/435.htm>http://www.freeware.mcmail.com/435.htm</A>

adarcy

Visit site

Dear Gludy

You're nearly there but <<I am still failing on the "We agreed ..." bit. .......>>

No no no, this is when she agreed to your/his idea. That won't do at all. In the bit where I said <<if he strikes lucky - he will tease out what if anything she wants to do about it. Any such action taken WILL get thrown up later at him but can usually be defused with the "but WE both agreed it was a good idea of YOURS". The "WE" is an absolute killer >>he 'nearly understands' but DOESN'T have a solution.

If SHE has a solution, he can agree to it (within limits), if she doesn't have a solution he can only 'nearly understand' and 'how difficult it is'. He gets the brownie points and doen't have to do anything at all (but is still running the risk of "you don't understand at all" -that's a given but he can point out how hard he has tried).

Best wishes with it, it does take practice and you'll get plenty!