discount chandlers in France

lindsay

Visit site
Anyone in France looking for a spare part or yottie item might well look up

www.discount-marine.com

Current price for a Simrad TP 22 autopilot is exactly the same as Force 4 in the UK as free delivery in France....despite the dismal value of the pound.

A Whale Flipper pump is about 20 quid more expensive but you get, again, free delivery in 2 or 3 days.

I had previously ordered a small Plastimo inflatable via email on a Sunday evening and got it in the Med port where I was on Wednesday.

While it is still possiblle in rip-off France to pay for an easyjet return to London out of savings of buying and taking delivery of items costing as little as 150 gbp, a check on discount- marine is worth a comparison??

Sybarite

Visit site
Anyone in France looking for a spare part or yottie item might well look up

www.discount-marine.com

Current price for a Simrad TP 22 autopilot is exactly the same as Force 4 in the UK as free delivery in France....despite the dismal value of the pound.

A Whale Flipper pump is about 20 quid more expensive but you get, again, free delivery in 2 or 3 days.

I had previously ordered a small Plastimo inflatable via email on a Sunday evening and got it in the Med port where I was on Wednesday.

While it is still possiblle in rip-off France to pay for an easyjet return to London out of savings of buying and taking delivery of items costing as little as 150 gbp, a check on discount- marine is worth a comparison??

I recently bought one :

Your price €539
SVB Germany €449.95

I ordered mine ( Simrad TP22 ) on the net and it was delivered 36 hours later.

Poignard

Visit site
If you are based in one port in France it could be worth joining your local AUP (Association des Usagers du Port). Members of mine get 10% discount at local chandlers as well as other benefits.

lindsay

Visit site
Thanks for info. SVB a good source. Massively cheaper on the Simrad TP 22, but 5 euros more than discount-marine for the Whale Flipper Mark 4.

My interest in non uk sources at comparable prices is have had several instances of 12 to 15 days delivery from UK after posting , possibly a French protest about Brexit?

Roberto

sybrancaleone.blogspot.com
Have a look here, they are moving their warehouse, many articles at very low price during these days
Over a given amount, free delivery in "point relais" (you collect your order in the nearby post office, or at some participating shops near you

https://www.ruedelamer.com/bons-plans/

Especially cordage:
12-14mm octoplait at 1.1-1.7 euro; 14mm 3strand at 1 euro; sk78 dyneema 12strands 6mm at 2 euro (if you like green :) )

Hoolie

Visit site
Certainly not for all their stock. For example an NMEA2000 T-piece is 36,79€ - from Marinesuperstore in Port Solent they're £16.95. And that may not be the best on-line price. :)