Dirty inflatable floor

mick

Visit site
My Compass rubber dinghy has a black floor which has recently taken to transferring mucky black stuff to feet and thence to nice clean yacht. All suggested remedies gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

<hr width=100% size=1>

nordic_ranger

Visit site
How old is your dinghy? Could it be that the pigmentation is leaching out of the colour? If this is the case paint the floor useing dinghy paint from Polymarine this will seal the floor. I do not have Polymarine's web address but a simple search should find it

Jim

<hr width=100% size=1>

robind

Visit site
Hi! Try a spot of ordinary cellulose thinners (available from car spares shops)on a small spot and if OK do whole of floor, then when clean try "truckwash" (also available from car shops) on whole of inflatable. It worked for me.

Rob

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rejuvanu.com>RejuVanu</A>

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Mine is the same. I think that the rubber surface is 'chalking', releasing the carbon black pigment. Rubber dinghy paint seems to be the answer. We have gone down the wash/solvent clean route and it doesn't have any lasting effect.

<hr width=100% size=1>