Dinghy pumps

xcw

Visit site
I second the Rule. Very rapid inflation. I started a thread on Scuttlebutt a couple of months ago on the subject. Worth searching for it as there is lots of good information on there.

ontheplane

Visit site
That Rule only goes up to 2.6 psi - depending on what you need to inflate, is that enough? I find SUP pumps better - I have this and it’s super fast and will go to 16 psi so getting a SUP to 8 is only a 2 min job (if that) - you can set cut off pressure too (useful as it hits target so fast over pressure could happen)

Ebriche Air Pump, 16PSI Single Stage Portable Air Pump with 6PCS Nozzles Inflatable Pump https://amzn.eu/d/9zDIC8F

Plum

Visit site
That Rule only goes up to 2.6 psi - depending on what you need to inflate, is that enough? I find SUP pumps better - I have this and it’s super fast and will go to 16 psi so getting a SUP to 8 is only a 2 min job (if that) - you can set cut off pressure too (useful as it hits target so fast over pressure could happen)

Ebriche Air Pump, 16PSI Single Stage Portable Air Pump with 6PCS Nozzles Inflatable Pump https://amzn.eu/d/9zDIC8F
The Rule pump pressure is just right. My inflatables, different makes, both say max pressure is 3psi so with the Rule you cannot damage them, no cutoff pressure to set or to go wrong! I find the 2.6psi to be just right.

The Rule max flow rate is 550 litres per minute whereas the one you linked is only 70.......

Www.solocoastalsailing.co.uk

Last edited:

ontheplane

Visit site
My mate has this one - incredibly good and rechargeable - but very pricey!

AIRBANK 20PSI Rechargeable SUP Air Pump The Whale Shark Pro, 7500 mAh Battery Dual Stage Smart Inflator & Deflator, Auto-Off AC/DC Charging, Ideal for Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Boards, Boats (PRO)… https://amzn.eu/d/4sC9pBP

Will pump to about 8 psi on the high volume bit then switches to higher pressure pump (lower volume) - but for a dinghy at 3 psi it would do it in no time!

LiftyK

Visit site
With limited space on a sloping side deck for inflating dinghy and canoe, I opted for a self contained two stage pump. It’s a Bravo BST 800. The built-in battery lasts for ages. Dial the pressure you want, press a button and it first uses a high volume pump and then automatically switches to a piston pump to get to higher pressure levels. The only flaw is the price. It was expensive when I bought mine and now seems to e even more expensive. Have a search for a SUP pump and you may find alternatives.

ashtead

Visit site
If you want a cheap option you might find decathlon offer a pump . Ideally if investing in one again would be to find a self contained one - I have been tempted to buy a ryobi version but ideally a bravo type. I have a green inflator with battery clips -just a problem to connect though if no handy battery like a car etc. seems to me slashing the cash or asking for one as a Christmas or retirement present is best option having tried the other routes but for now manage -l inflated daughters smaller SUP this summer using the cheap one and finished off with hand pump but I don’t have to do it that often.

Plum

Visit site

John100156

Visit site
I bought one of these earlier this year:

Force 4 Air NRG Rechargeable High Pressure Inflator

It inflated two 15 psi paddle boards withing 5 mins plus topped-up my dinghy and you can set the cut-off pressure, still had 50% battery left, easily re-charged. I have to say I love it. You can also take it out in the dinghy it has a USB charger and light. Not sure how long it will last, but so far its been used many times with no problems...!