Dinghy, missing presumed stolen

jesterchallenger

Visit site
My 10ft dinghy, GRP clinker style, has gone missing from my mooring opposite Levington marina. It's painted bright yellow (bit scruffy), so very distinctive, with a scruffy 2hp Mariner outboard. If anyone spots it I'd appreciate a shout - it's a lovely rowing dinghy, slightly narrow beam and a pretty sheer. It was there yesterday afternoon, so it must have gone last night. Thanks.

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
My 10ft dinghy, GRP clinker style, has gone missing from my mooring opposite Levington marina. It's painted bright yellow (bit scruffy), so very distinctive, with a scruffy 2hp Mariner outboard. If anyone spots it I'd appreciate a shout - it's a lovely rowing dinghy, slightly narrow beam and a pretty sheer. It was there yesterday afternoon, so it must have gone last night. Thanks.

Never realised you were a neighbour.
Your dinghy was still in place when we left Saturday morning.

Never feel comfortable leaving the dinghy on the buoy for anything more than an overnight jaunt away.
Parked the dinghy in the marina before we left.

jesterchallenger

Visit site
Thanks for that. It was still there in the afternoon yesterday, but I now discover someone ran it down last night. So it's found, but the outboard is almost certainly dead. It must have been something quite big because it looks as if the mooring has moved. The dinghy's got red antifouling on the gunwhales left by the culprit. Be nice if whoever it was owned up. This makes it the fourth time I've suffered loss or damage out there.

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Thanks for that. It was still there in the afternoon yesterday, but I now discover someone ran it down last night. So it's found, but the outboard is almost certainly dead. It must have been something quite big because it looks as if the mooring has moved.

You mooring certainly looks like it has moved.

We arrived as the tide turned last night, and you were about a foot away from hitting (or the other way round) your interestingly named neighbour.

2u9qp0j.jpg

jesterchallenger

Visit site
Many thanks for that. I moved the boat onto a mooring further upriver last night. Happily we hadn't touched, but yes the mooring's definitely moved. I'll alert SYH; bit of a nuisance as they've just relaid it.

Hadenough

Visit site
Someone's been blundering around! We came back to our mooring on the edge of the channel near Pin Mill on the 26th. The strop had been chewed and was covered, as if it had been painted, with red antifoul. Glad we weren't there!

BabySharkDooDooDooDooDoo

Visit site
I noticed coming down the river on Saturday morning that one of Ward's mooring buoys just downstream of the MDL ones had apparently been dragged into the main channel and its pick up strop had been 'chewed' by something.

Last edited:

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
I notice coming down the river on Saturday morning that one of Ward's mooring buoys just downstream of the MDL ones had apparently been dragged into the main channel and its pick up strop had been 'chewed' by something.

Saw that one too.
Barely missed it as I was keeping well to the side of the main channel to let Orwell Lady pass.

Kurrawong_Kid

Visit site
A big ship went up to Ipswich on Thursday night at about 22.00 hrs BST., with a tug on astern and another "in residence". Going at quite a lick with the flood. Could have been red-not certain.