Dinghy Advice

wheneverIcan

Visit site
Been thinking about buying a smaller inflatable. Currently have a 265 Wetline which suits my 4hp outboard. Problem is storage - the Nimbus 320 has entry from the bathing platform so i can't really use davits (they spoil the look of the boat i think as well) So if I go a bit smaller it will fit into the aft locker space.

Any suggestions for a dinghy that is very light - easy to fold - takes a 4hp engine (may have to buy a smaller one??) - and will take 2 adults and 2 children plus stuff.

I got one of those high speed inflators for Xmas - tried it our yesterday - excellent and inflats the 265 in about 3 minutes. Just a bit noisy (sounds like an electric drill)

Cheers

simon

<hr width=100% size=1>

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Cant think of any good advice. Except. Board up the entry to the bathing platform and fit some nice stainless steel davits and stick an inflatable floored dinghy on the back with your 4HP motor. The rest just seems like a laod of bother, heaving dinghys and outboards about.

<hr width=100% size=1>
ship_in_a_bottle_e0.gif
Haydn

G

How about snap on davits, work well with small tenders.
Regards Tigerman (New user)

<hr width=100% size=1>

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
I've had a slatted (roll up) Bombard AX3 for over 10 years now and no punctures yet. I invested in a high speed 12v pump which are about £50 but will blow the thing up in about 2 minutes.
Being roll up they are not particularly aerodynamic (or what ever the underwater term is?) so I don't know how much more you would get from a 4hp against a 3hp outboard, but good for going ashore and general mucking about. Oh yes, and will hold 2 adults and 2 kids plus a bit of junk ok.
David

<hr width=100% size=1>

DepSol

Visit site
I have a wetline 265 off my Leader 805 which is smaller than your boat and access is via bathing platform. I use snap davits and let the dinghy back a bit in order to let people gain accessto the rear door.

As long as you plan which way around your dinghy goes (ie pointy end near rear door if poss or on pontoon side) then shouldnt be a problem.

<hr width=100% size=1>Dom

2003 is going to be a good year for me

byron

RIP
Visit site
<font color=blue>As Tigerman sez Snap Davits are cool. My Mate has them on his F37 and he is well impressed.

<hr width=100% size=1>http://www.alexander-advertising.co.uk

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
Byron
Not sure what snap on davits are. Being in the Med, with stern to mooring an all that, I guess they might get in the way but if they are not a permanent erection (don't think Pauline is listening!) then maybe it's an answer.
David

<hr width=100% size=1>

DepSol

Visit site
Being in Guernsey and still mooring stern to, it doesnt make a difference to me.

Weaver snap davits are a clip screwed in to the bathing platform with its female coupling glued to the dinghy. You bring the dinghy up to the boat SNAP the clips together climb out then lift the dinghy pivoting on the clips up and secure it to the back of the boat.

<hr width=100% size=1>Dom

2003 is going to be a good year for me

byron

RIP
Visit site
<font color=blue>The dinghy will have to be dropped when mooring stern to. Have a look here
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.genusgroup.co.uk/acatalog/On_line_catalogue_Snap_Davits_69.html>http://www.genusgroup.co.uk/acatalog/On_line_catalogue_Snap_Davits_69.html</A>

byron

RIP
Visit site
<font color=blue>Picky Picky, he got the continent right /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>http://www.alexander-advertising.co.uk