Digital Yacht’s new WLN10 Smart NMEA to WiFi gateway

Mavis

Visit site
I have installed this onto my boat and I can see position, speed, wind, depth, etc on open cpn using my laptop. Can anyone tell me if I will also be able to see this information using Navionics on my iPad?. If so how would I configure the iPad to do so please?.

Zing

Visit site
I've got all my Nmea data onto the Ipad with INavX. So the data is able to come over. If it doesn't work with Navionics then it will be an issue with Navionics rather than the WLN10.

Mavis

Visit site
Are some of those obtained from an add-on to OpenCPN or does the vanilla program now display those parameters?

I don't think that Navionics will display wind data or depth.

Richard

I am not at home at the moment but pretty sure it's an add-on called Dashboard. Basically I would be happy just to see my position in Navionics.

RichardS

N/A
Visit site
I am not at home at the moment but pretty sure it's an add-on called Dashboard. Basically I would be happy just to see my position in Navionics.

Yes, Dashboard, Navmon, and several other programs will display many NMEA data streams .... but not Navionics.

However, Navionics will certainly show your position as it's a chart display program so it has to. If you have a iPad with a 3G sim card slot then it has built-in GPS so Navionics will use that. If your iPad does not have GPS then you will need to get the position data from somewhere external.

My Android tablet can receive GPS NMEA data over the wifi which I can instead of the built-in tablet GPS but I don't know whether iPads can do that and whether Navionics on iPad can then use that GPS data. If not, you would have to buy a GPS dongle for for tablet if you don't have a sim slot.

Richard