Digital PBO

Refueler

Visit site
For some years now - I have been receiving Print as well as Digital version of RC Model Magazine from UK ... TBH - the digital usually I don't logon to read ... but can be handy when travelling.
Up until start of this year ... the Digital version did not have the pull out plans etc. But now it does.

I assumed such as PBO was similar ?

Bodach na mara

Visit site
I got the message from Magazines Direct telling me that I now have access to the digital edition at no extra cost. Actually using it on an Android machine looks like a bit of a faff and I don't know if I will bother, but I am sure that if I need to I will find out how.

Boathook

Visit site
I can borrow it, and many more magazines and books for free through Libby, a library app. Works well on my tablet. Haven't yet looked at their app yet so can't compare with libby that seems to work well.

Problem will come when those buying a magazine drop to a level where it isn't worth producing it. Some boating magazines and possibly others must be getting closer to the level all the time.
If they ever stop producing the printed version and say that they will only do an electronic version I will likely cancel my subscription.

Daverw

Visit site
Been reading on line for the last year using the PBO app, works well and can see all previous copies,

Hunterlees

Visit site
I subscribe to the “Readly” app on IOS and get access to PBO and hundreds of other weekly/monthly digital magazines, across a range of boating, car, computing etc etc.
Cannot recommend it highly enough - do check it out !

Refueler

Visit site
I wonder how much these 3rd party apps / readers may contribute to loss of mags ?

My youngest son - mid 30's .... collects 'Comics' ... Marvel etc. Worth a fortune. Wonder if PBO / YBW will reach such ??

Greg2

Visit site
I received the same e-mail for MBY but the Apple App Store tells me that the app isn’t currently available in my country or region……I am in the U.K.!

wonkywinch

Visit site
I'm a long term user of Readly. £10 a month for all the magazines you can shake a stick at.

Pressreader also works and you can.usually get a free subscription by registering at your local library.