Diesel heaters now £75

Bigplumbs

Visit site

oldgit

Visit site
Ebay prices did rise remarkably for these heaters, probably due to demand and sellers simply exploiting whatever the market will pay.
Considering inflation, these heaters , for better or worse , now seem to offer even better value for money than ever.

A complete heater (with rubbish accessories) for around 1/3 the price of a Eberspacher fuel pump on its own.
A genuine "Eber" fuel pump on Ebay priced from £135 to £221.00

"Airtronic D2/D4 fuel pump 12v (22.4519.01.0000) is suitable for the Airtronic D2/D4/D4+ 12v heater. Genuine Eberspacher part.
Free UK shipping. £221.65 · ‎In stock
Who makes them...Rolex ?

Last edited:

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Ebay prices did rise remarkably for these heaters, probably due to demand and sellers simply exploiting whatever the market will pay.
Considering inflation, these heaters , for better or worse , now seem to offer even better value for money than ever.

A complete heater (with rubbish accessories) for around 1/3 the price of a Eberspacher fuel pump on its own.

"Airtronic D2/D4 fuel pump 12v (22.4519.01.0000) is suitable for the Airtronic D2/D4/D4+ 12v heater. Genuine Eberspacher part.
The five I already have just keep working. Granted they are not overworked but at these prices they are fine for me 👍

[165042]

Visit site

Who makes them...Rolex ?

Maybe this is why:

Became faulty after just 3 months as fuel pump became faulty. They tried telling me that the pump is blocked, when I know that this is not the case as we have a fuel filter installed and the pump is not even trying to work, so know its a fault,
Could not get a replacement fuel pump so getting a refund.
Did not deal with the manufacturer, the the useless supplier.
Complete pain as now have to uninstall everything and will not use this company again.

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Maybe this is why:

Became faulty after just 3 months as fuel pump became faulty. They tried telling me that the pump is blocked, when I know that this is not the case as we have a fuel filter installed and the pump is not even trying to work, so know its a fault,
Could not get a replacement fuel pump so getting a refund.
Did not deal with the manufacturer, the the useless supplier.
Complete pain as now have to uninstall everything and will not use this company again.
No nothing to do with it. One rain drop does not a storm make.

I say again £69.99 for a complete set up including delivery. Many one hear would happily pay that for a meal out :) 🍿

gaylord694

Visit site
No nothing to do with it. One rain drop does not a storm make.

I say again £69.99 for a complete set up including delivery. Many one hear would happily pay that for a meal out
Totally up to the individual if he/she wants to play russian roulette there cheap for a reason...........it'll cost a bit more than £69.99 to put right when the boat catches fire Screenshot_2024-01-02-09-14-17-27_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

ylop

Visit site
I have a Chinese diesel heater so do buy into the value proposition you are sliding to BUT:
I say again £69.99 for a complete set up including delivery.
you are posting on a boat forum - so should probably not be implying that £70 gets you everything you need. It will NEED a different exhaust as an absolute minimum to be safe for use on a typical boat. Many people think the fuel hose should also be replaced, and many people here would need ducting and outlets etc - the heater will end up being the cheapest part.

I’ve never understood why people got excited about whether the heater was 50% more / less expensive but don’t seem to post similar - “best value proper exhaust” or “here’s a deal on ducting” threads.

Bigplumbs

Visit site
I have a Chinese diesel heater so do buy into the value proposition you are sliding to BUT:

you are posting on a boat forum - so should probably not be implying that £70 gets you everything you need. It will NEED a different exhaust as an absolute minimum to be safe for use on a typical boat. Many people think the fuel hose should also be replaced, and many people here would need ducting and outlets etc - the heater will end up being the cheapest part.

I’ve never understood why people got excited about whether the heater was 50% more / less expensive but don’t seem to post similar - “best value proper exhaust” or “here’s a deal on ducting” threads.
I assume people on a boat Forum might have a brain and work out how to safely install and replace the few items that need replacing.

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Totally up to the individual if he/she wants to play russian roulette there cheap for a reason...........it'll cost a bit more than £69.99 to put right when the boat catches fire View attachment 169945
Inexpensive is a far better word. 100's of Thousands of these installed and working very well. There is a lot of water about but still seems very hard to get some old horses to take a drink :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Greg2

Visit site
This is becoming a bit of an obsession! 😁

We know that some like cheap heaters, because they are cheap, and some don’t, primarily on the basis of concerns about safety.

Do we really want to debate it again?!

I say debate but I suspect it will just be a repeat of polarised views 😁

Rappey

Visit site
cheap for a reason...........it'll cost a bit more than £69.99 to put right when the boat catches fire
The reason being they dont get hit with the usual EU markup. Not sure about now but not so long ago japanese engine parts were nearly a ⅓ of EU prices in usa.
I spoke to a guy in one of their uk headquarters about this and he basically said " because we can and while people keep paying high prices we will keep charging them"
I wanted 10 windows for my boat. £3200 from gebo. I bought them from an American chandlery. They were shipped from netherlands to usa, then to uk. Total cost with shipping and taxes was £1300. I could give many more examples.

Show me any boat that has caught fire from a chinese heater. Ive seen two catch fire with eberspachers ! More remarkable considering some of the appaling diy instalations of chinese heaters.

The safety problem is to do with the lack of documentation/instructions.

Bigplumbs

Visit site
This is becoming a bit of an obsession! 😁

We know that some like cheap heaters, because they are cheap, and some don’t, primarily on the basis of concerns about safety.

Do we really want to debate it again?!

I say debate but I suspect it will just be a repeat of polarised views 😁
It is a horrible day here and raining a lot. Why not I say. Isnt you post part of the debate ;) (y)

Bigplumbs

Visit site
The reason being they dont get hit with the usual EU markup. Not sure about now but not so long ago japanese engine parts were nearly a ⅓ of EU prices in usa.
I spoke to a guy in one of their uk headquarters about this and he basically said " because we can and while people keep paying high prices we will keep charging them"
I wanted 10 windows for my boat. £3200 from gebo. I bought them from an American chandlery. They were shipped from netherlands to usa, then to uk. Total cost with shipping and taxes was £1300. I could give many more examples.

Show me any boat that has caught fire from a chinese heater. Ive seen two catch fire with eberspachers ! More remarkable considering some of the appaling diy instalations of chinese heaters.

The safety problem is to do with the lack of documentation/instructions.
Dont for get the Price Fixing for which the Two So called Big Boys got fined a huge amount by the EU

burgundyben

Visit site
I need to do a bit of trailer welding, my old MIG went in a skip, this led me to look at arc welders on ebay.

£52.50!! How can it possibly be that cheap?

In the end I ordered a Sealey one for a massive £69.01 delivered.

ylop

Visit site
I assume people on a boat Forum might have a brain
I think you’ve been here long enough to know that the forum is a broad church
and work out how to safely install and replace the few items that need replacing
But you miss the point - getting excited because something that was £90 is now £75 is somewhat odd if the other parts you need were £250 and are now £275!

I honestly don’t know how they can make and ship the unit from China to the U.K. for under £70. I know they aren’t sophisticated, and obviously they’ve almost zero r&d costs given they rip off someone else’s design. The surprising thing is they don’t offer a boat version with the bits you need (and leaving out stuff like the fuel tank you probably don’t).

jon and michie

Visit site
Right - in my opinion - @Bigplumbs is totally correct on the price of the heaters which are perfectly safe for a boat install - Providing you do your homework and replace the less quality parts supplied.
I have installed mine about 2 1/2 years ago now and works perfectly.

That said - if you are at all unsure of the install of these heaters then stay away and get someone in who does.

all diesel heaters are in fact as hazardous / dangerous as each other whether its from China / Germany / Outer Mongolia - it is purely down to the installer who should know what he/she is doing.

Thats me done on this subject - I fear this is going to drag on and on and on like a soap opera.