Developments at Bradwell

UncleAlbert

Visit site
I object to Mr Blowers speaking and getting press coverage and citing 'me' as a concerned, worried and anxious community resident. I am not, bring it on and sooner rather than later as far as I am concerned.

Tiller Girl

Visit site
All on the BBC news at 10 tonight. It looks like Bradwell will be the third one though after Hinckley Point and Sizewell. But if I understood it right, Bradwell will be the Chinese designed reactor.

I guess it is going to be years before any major construction takes place.

Tiller Girl

Visit site
There's no pleasing some people, I'd have thought he'd be over the moon since the Chinese have promised that any dwelling within a ten mile radius of the reactor will have free electricity for the life of the plant, sounds like good compensation to me

Is that right? Coo, good oh. Mind you that's not many people for Bradwell since it just rules out Colchester.

ex-Gladys

Visit site
[Rant ON] I cannot believe a government that would outsource the design of Critical National Infrastructure... Obviously what Cameron and Osborne were sniffing in their debauchery at the Bullingdon Club has had it's effect....

[Rant Off]

DavidofMersea

Visit site
There's no pleasing some people, I'd have thought he'd be over the moon since the Chinese have promised that any dwelling within a ten mile radius of the reactor will have free electricity for the life of the plant, sounds like good compensation to me

I have not heard about this. Where did you get this info? I will pass it onto Andy Blowers

DavidofMersea

Visit site
I object to Mr Blowers speaking and getting press coverage and citing 'me' as a concerned, worried and anxious community resident. I am not, bring it on and sooner rather than later as far as I am concerned.

I have passed your comments onto (Professor please) Andy Blowers.

BTW He is Professor of Geography, not nuclear physics

sailorman

Visit site
Wow that is a very good deal Dave, not worth having to buy your own panels or heat pumps is it. Too hot in the house, just open a window, just like the old eastern block area heating.
Oooo and free electricity in Bradwell Marina i spose too

Cantata

Visit site
I don't think I have ever seen a nuke power station with cooling towers. They put the things by the sea partly to use the handy water for cooling!!

Sixpence

Visit site
I have not heard about this. Where did you get this info? I will pass it onto Andy Blowers

They made it a feature article on the centre pages of The Runes on Sunday, apparently The Grapevine and Jungle Telegraph thought they had an exclusive but the Chinese just gave each one a different slant on the story. None of them do online articles, just printed weekly papers but the subscription levels keep climbing so they're happy