Demre Turkey

Gypsy

www.tech-x.com.au
Can anybody tell me about Demre or Andriake Ports in Turkey? My old Heikell has limited info on Demre. Google Earth shows a flock of tourist boats which I understand go across to Kerkova and Ukajiz, but is there likely to be any room for a private 14m mono? What depths in the harbour? I can also see on Google Eartht a new? harbour E of Demre Port on but it is not shown on my Navionics or CM-93 charts and looks quite shallow.

Demre seems to have similar Lycian ruins to Dalyan. We have already been to Dalyan a few years ago but will have visitors who have not seen the cliff side burial sites. It seems like an interesting side trip after Kerkova/Ukajiz.

I'd be grateful for any info on the area.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
We was there just a month ago , we anchored in Ekincik bay , you will find plenty of tour boats willing to take you up river , but there wanted 150 euros for the trip for two of us they came down to 100 in the end but we didn't go , best option is the see if other boats want to go then get a price of the tipper boat and share it .
You can buy day trips from the agent in goeck a lot cheaper .

sailaboutvic

Visit site
We was there just a month ago , we anchored in Ekincik bay , you will find plenty of tour boats willing to take you up river , but there wanted 150 euros for the trip for two of us they came down to 100 in the end but we didn't go , best option is the see if other boats want to go then get a price of the tipper boat and share it .
You can buy day trips from the agent in goeck a lot cheaper .
Too any cold beers again , sorryyyyyuuuuuuuu

macd

Visit site
Gypsey: the new harbour you mention is certainly real, but was still under construction when we saw it in passing in April. Afraid i can't help re the existing facilities.
The Lycian ruins (Myra) are certainly worth seeing, especially for the magnificent amphitheatre. In Demre town itself is the church of St Nicholas...or Santa Claus, if you prefer...also well worth a visit.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Nicholas_Church,_Demre

CatCouple

Visit site
IMHO. You would be much better in the marina at Ucagiz or at anchor in the bay outside as a base to explore the region. That hsrbour at Demre is along way out of town and full of gulets and trip boats. You wouldn't get a moment's peace with all the boats and coach parties coming and going. There is a dolmus from ucgiz to Demre if you wanted to visit. Kale joy has restaurant moorings and there lots of beautiful anchorage in Kekova. Once you get further east than this it is all pretty uninteresting until Antalya.