Decent waterproof cockpit locker locks

Babylon

Visit site
Looking for a paired set of good-quality cockit locker small padlocks, not rubbish Plastimo ones which rust solid in one season. Boat came with a pair of Banham padlocks (or Squire, I forget which) which lasted for years until they finally gave up.

Any pointers?

Last edited:

VicS

Visit site
DIY superstores usually have a good selection. You should be able to get a pair with the same key if you want

Your local locksmith might be worth a try too.

Stork_III

Visit site
Looking for a paired set of good-quality cockit locker small padlocks, not rubbish Plastimo ones which rust solid in one season. Boat came with a pair of Banham padlocks (or Squire, I forget which) which lasted for years until they finally gave up.

Any pointers?
I used Plastimo on my last boat, 9 year use when sold, no problems. Current boat uses Squire which are fine so far.

GrahamM376

Visit site

Any pointers?

I always go to the locksmith, they have various ranges of weatherproof and saltwater locks. Although more expensive, I can order extra locks all with the same keys. Abus on the outboard and Papaiz for all others.

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
Abloy stainless steel can be made with a single key I have 6 all on the same key used on the boat for at least 10 years with no problems. You would probably need to source from a locksmith and have the locks made up to a single key the only drawback is they are not cheap.