Deben entrance Feb 26th 2022, buoys not yet moved into their 2022 positions

Debennut

Visit site
I might be cynical, but was it easier and less time consuming for Trinity House to reposition the buoyage in the existing channel rather than survey and buoy a new and maybe more sustainable channel to the east?
Which would have meant, possibly, moving the haven buoy.

Cantata

Visit site
I might be cynical, but was it easier and less time consuming for Trinity House to reposition the buoyage in the existing channel rather than survey and buoy a new and maybe more sustainable channel to the east?
The whole entrance area is surveyed, every year.

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
The whole entrance area is surveyed, every year.
As @Cantata says, the whole area is surveyed. It is the survey that takes the resources (it's not just time at sea; there's quite a lot of desk work with computers to reduce soundings to datum); moving the buoys is relatively straightforward. In any case, no doubt the opportunity is taken to check the ground tackle of the buoys, so they will be lifted anyway.

No doubt the main channel will move to the East in due course, but not this year.