Dayskipper Correspondence Course

david42

Visit site
Hi

I did my Day Skipper and coastal Skipper theory courses both with National Marine Correspondence School (NMCS) - I think they're based in Birkenhead. I really enjoyed it, the material was good and very thorough.

David

<hr width=100% size=1>

gtmoore

Visit site
I used the Tiller School for my Day Skipper theory and was very pleased with the content of the course.

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=blue>Gavin </font color=blue>

jimi

Visit site
I also used the NMCS but did the Coastal/Yachtmaster theory, personally I'd would'nt bother with Dayskipper but just go straight for coastal/ym. When I did it admittedly a few years ago, NMCS did a nice course on Cruising covering all the required theory plus extras on boat maintainance, management etc .. worth considering.

<hr width=100% size=1>

ChrisE

www.simpleisgood.com
I used NMCS as well and did Dayskipper, Yachtmaster and Ocean Yachtmaster with them and each was a joy and I was extremely satisfied with the result. As others have said they are extremely thorough. I used to get a regular b****king for not using a sharp enough pencil for my chart work. I now carry two v. sharp pencils and a sharpener at all times at sea as a result.

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site
you could try <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.cmonline.co.uk>http://www.cmonline.co.uk</A> - fast response and plenty of help, all done via email.

<hr width=100% size=1>

muminator

Visit site
We used CM too, and have been very pleased with them. It wasn't unusual to send a completed test paper via email on a sunday afternoon and get a reply within the hour!

Good thing is, you can work at your own pace...if life gets in the way, you can take a bit of a break and then return later.

<hr width=100% size=1>Definition of an expert: An Ex is a has-been, and a Spurt is a drip under pressure...

rickwat

Visit site
I also did NMCS course. Very thorough and enjoyable but in any correspondence course there will be ambiguities which I know I agonised over. You have a course tutor you can ring and I should have done so. Providing you can put in the time though it's good fun receiving the packages and I did quite well in the end.
Best of luck.

Rick

<hr width=100% size=1>