"Courtesy costs nothing, my man".

Little_Russel

Visit site
\"Courtesy costs nothing, my man\".

Perhaps this year you should all try to have a great season of sailing and stop criticising everyone else who uses the water. Comparing the seas to the roads is silly, as is calling for penalties for those who are rude and arrogant. Just accept that boating is now the chosen hobby of many people and not just the monied few as it was in the past. The seas and harbours are going to be busier than in the 'good old days'. Perhaps this mean attitude comes from not sailing far enough from ones home waters. Get out there, do some serious sea miles and chill......

P.S. Why do people who have just got their Yachtcrasher ticket always then call for compulsory testing?

<hr width=100% size=1>

bigmart

Visit site
Re: \"Courtesy costs nothing, my man\".

I agree with you totally with the exception of your comment about ticket holders. They're not all like that.

Martin

<hr width=100% size=1>

TheBoatman

Visit site
Re: \"Courtesy costs nothing, my man\".

Your right "courtesy does cost nothing" but I don't see why I should turn a blind eye to those that are discourteous to me or act in a dangerous manner.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Magic_Sailor

Visit site
If courtesy costs nothing...

....why are you discourteous to sailors holding a Yachtmaster ticket.

Indeed, re-reading the tone of the first paragraph it could be seen as condescending and arrogant.

I rest my case.

Magic

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://hometown.aol.co.uk/geoffwestgarth/myhomepage/travelwriting.html>Click for website!</A>