Coronavirus - Health Clearance required into Italian ports

Roberto

sybrancaleone.blogspot.com
The Italian Health department has just issued the extension of the need for Health clearance to all vessels entering Italian ports. Formerly, it was only required from vessels coming from outside the EU.
As it is, it includes pleasure vessels, the only exemption being vessels going in and out of the same port like pilots, fishing vessels, tugs, etc provided they do not rescue anyone while at sea.

The requirement is for all vessels entering Italian ports, whatever flag and whatever departure port, this means that the Health clearance is required also each time while hopping form one port to the next in Italian waters.
"LPS" in the document: Libera Pratica Sanitaria.

https://www.ars.toscana.it/images/qualita_cure/coronavirus/circolare_06.02.2020lps_navi.pdf

Health Ministry doc

Health Ministry doc

Roberto

Any idea how to clear in or where to go , or is it a matter of calling the CG at the port .?

I'll check if I can find the correct procedure. At the moment, it will be the same as the one for ships, so probably not the easiest to follow (nor to find related documents).
Friends in Italy have asked both the CG and the Health Ministry for more details, I'll post here as official positions are expressed.

There is a provision in the above document about the CG accepting clearance made by radio on a case by case basis, though there are not yet enough details.

Roberto

Unfortunately, the first answers from Authorities are confirming the need for Health Clearance for pleasure vessels too.
A number of documents have to be sent to the local health office during the 12 hours previous to arrival, besides the usual crew lists etc, they also require a "Ship Sanitation Control Exemption Certificate".

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Unfortunately, the first answers from Authorities are confirming the need for Health Clearance for pleasure vessels too.
A number of documents have to be sent to the local health office during the 12 hours previous to arrival, besides the usual crew lists etc, they also require a "Ship Sanitation Control Exemption Certificate".
Hi Roberto
I had a word with the marina office and they did say they will looking it as they have had not notice from the CG as yet .
If I get any info I will post , but as you know thing in Sicily work very slow plus I guess there don't want to scare off people from visiting.

Roberto

Hi Roberto
I had a word with the marina office and they did say they will looking it as they have had not notice from the CG as yet .
If I get any info I will post , but as you know thing in Sicily work very slow plus I guess there don't want to scare off people from visiting.
These "notification before arrival" are to be sent to the local "USMAF", Cagliari/Sardinia's USMAF has confirmed the rule is applicable to pleasure yachts, you may ask your local USMAF (Palermo, Siracusa, Trapani...) about ? If you have any answer in writing please post.

As it is, the rule seems mostly unenforceable, come spring there will be hundreds of boats every weekend across the Adriatic, USMAF local offices are often composed by two three people I wonder how they could manage.

jaba

Visit site
Only to add that, as for now , a vessel needs the health clearance only when arriving in Italy from abroad.
As long as you remain in the country, you don't need it anymore (At first the Health Ministry requested the clearance whenever you sailed from an Italian port to another. They changed the rule after the fishermen's organizations strongly objected).

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Only to add that, as for now , a vessel needs the health clearance only when arriving in Italy from abroad.
As long as you remain in the country, you don't need it anymore (At first the Health Ministry requested the clearance whenever you sailed from an Italian port to another. They changed the rule after the fishermen's organizations strongly objected).
Let hope it sorted before the season start or it be very interesting how they are going to work out where a boat has arrived from

jaba

Visit site
Agree. It also depends where you're arriving from. At the border with France or Slovenia in theory coastguard could easily doublecheck. It would be more difficult for them if, say, you were sailing from Malta to Siracusa... Alltogether, IMHO, it's pure bureaucratic folly.

jaba

Visit site
FWIW
Any boat/ship arriving in an Italian port from abroad has to contact before arrival (6/12hrs) the relevant USMAF (Border Maritime Health Office) to get the health clearance . I would suggest to hoist the Q flag on arrival in Italian territorial waters.
Usmaf contacts here:
http://www.salute.gov.it/portale/us...sp?lingua=italiano&area=usmaf-sasn&menu=vuoto

They will ask you to fill up and send them by mail the attached Maritime Declaration of Health (forget about the
Sanitation Control Exemption you'll find requested in the Declaration: it's not compulsory for yachts) and a crew list.
There are some open issues (ie how to send a pdf from the boat), You will have to sort them out with the Usmaf office. Better to contact them by phone before your departure.

Best
J

Attachments

• Dichiarazione Marittima di Sanità (1).pdf
    119.3 KB · Views: 10

mordase

Visit site
Thanks for that. Can you confirm which chaps you are referring to ie Guardia Costiera or other department. Cheers.

Star-Lord

Visit site
I spoke to Andrea, Marina Manager, who is close to Guardia Costiera... he was having coffee with them this morning. He did mention there was a town meeting coming up. I will keep asking! My next stop will be Sicily so should be OK as not leaving Italy but I do not want any dramas. Which reminds me I had better email next port of call with my plans and explain I will be arriving from Italy.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I spoke to Andrea, Marina Manager, who is close to Guardia Costiera... he was having coffee with them this morning. He did mention there was a town meeting coming up. I will keep asking! My next stop will be Sicily so should be OK as not leaving Italy but I do not want any dramas. Which reminds me I had better email next port of call with my plans and explain I will be arriving from Italy.
Marinas are keeping it all low key , although the marina here said they will look into it , nothing have come out of it .
Coming from Sardinia to Sicily there shouldn't be a problem , but if you have any head pains or fever please say where you are , we don't want it in this marina :)