Corniche props

Jonno1

Visit site
Hi all had my props changed on my fairline corniche a few years ago it’s a 1990 boat with 4 bladed props mechanic from boat yard said he could not read props after a bit of research he told me to buy 4 bladed 20 x 28 props I have tamd 41b engines 200 hp the most I can get out of the boat now is 16-17kn the wash in in wake throws up roughly 4 feet from bathing platform most revs I can get is 2600-2900 has anyone got an idea of original 4 bladed prop size thx John

oldgit

Visit site
Just a quick comment, have several Corniches on our moorings, also a couple of P35s.
They all seem to have a confusion of different prop pitches/ and diameters possibly dependant on the combinations of engines 165HP or 200 HP or reverse gears MS or even HS or the ratios in those gearboxes.
Plus the added problem if somebody in the past got a bee in their bonnet that more/less blades would at least definately double the top speed.......and bang goes several hundreds of pounds with yet another set of hardly used props on Ebay a few years later.
A Fairline Turbo 26 was sold complete with set of "spare" :) props (£2K) purchased on the assurance that performance would be improved .
Cannot recall if the set inside the boat when it sold were the 3 or the 4 blade set .

Last edited:

Jonno1

Visit site
Just a quick comment, have several Corniches on our moorings, also a couple of P35s.
They all seem to have a confusion of different prop pitches/ and diameters possibly dependant on the combinations of engines 165HP or 200 HP or reverse gears MS or even HS or the ratios in those gearboxes.
Plus the added problem if somebody in the past got a bee in their bonnet that more/less blades would at least definately double the top speed.......and bang goes several hundreds of pounds with yet another set of hardly used props on Ebay a few years later.
A Fairline Turbo 26 was sold complete with set of "spare" :) props (£2K) purchased on the assurance that performance would be improved .
Cannot recall if the set inside the boat when it sold were the 3 or the 4 blade set .
Thank you