Copenhagen residential moorings?

ThrilloPads

Visit site
There's a possibility I'm going to be offered work in Copenhagen for an extended period of time... but I'm not ready to say goodbye to my boat just yet, and would love to take it over and live on it there if possible.

I'm early on in my research, but trying to prepare nice and early. Does anyone know of any well-placed moorings where I might have a chance of getting a space?

It's a 17m motor cruiser, draft of 1.7m, 4.5m wide.

Thanks!

PlanB

Visit site
I don't know about Copenhagen, but not too far away in Gothenberg in Sweden, Boats have to come out of the (frozen) water in winter.

wazza

Visit site
I don't know about Copenhagen, but not too far away in Gothenberg in Sweden, Boats have to come out of the (frozen) water in winter.

Not all boats are lifted out of the water here in Sweden. Quite true there are place where it freezes over but I know of several people who live on their boats in ice free water here and even more that keep them in over winter, I myself will do this soon.
In Denmark, if you’ve seen the YouTube channel Sail Life he keeps his boat in and lives on it all year round...Regarding Copenhagen “Ingarö varv” offer winter in an Ice free marina. Depending on where you’ll work to relation of where’s you can keep the boat. The danish harbours/marinas I find to be most accommodating.

benchmark

Visit site
There is the possibility of getting a mooring space as a liveaboard on the main Copenhagen harbor in the designated areas virtually in the middle of town, these are however very very expensive. Did I mention that they are expensive ?
Alternatively, you can much easier and much cheaper get a place in the surrounding marinas still within cycling distance of the city. Google these options Kastrup havn, Dragør havn , Vallensbæk havn, Greve Marina.
Note however that if you just Want to live on your Boat without officially registrering it as an address with the local council , you can just lease a boat space in any marina and unofficially live on your boat, mostly , no one will bother you. The complication only comes when you want to resister it as an official address.

Last edited:

ThrilloPads

Visit site
Benchmark, Wazza, Plan B - thanks so much for your comments, it's incredibly helpful.

Reassuring to know that not all boats are taken out of the water. Also good to know they are accommodating. Not too surprising about the expensive-ness, I suppose if it happens we'll just need to budget accordingly! It sounds like there is some good choice.