Cooking gas in La linea

capnsensible

Visit site
This is mostly for Stu, didn't want to hijack another thread! But I figured others may find it useful.

For 907, two choices. There is a Repsol depot about fifteen minutes walk on the road that goes out past the cemetery. Very cheap.

Outside the marina, two minutes away is the Panorama bar. Next door is a shop that sells signs and number plates. They have 907s to swap, bit more expensive. The supplier is a guy called Dirk who operates from Estepona.

For bigger bottles like the 4.5kg, he will fill them. The depot won't. It's easy if you are sailing up to Estepona and ring him first or call anyway to arrange a swap.

0034 616 969 496

He is Dutch and speaks perfect English. I know all this because as well as knowing him personally, he used to advertise in our Straits Sailing Handbook. Page 148!!!

Hope this helps anyone passing through. The marina is great but buy your fuel in Gib! Top tip. :encouragement:

Heckler

Visit site
The well-stocked chandler "Accastillage Diffusion" at the marina in La Linea stocks Camping Gaz 907s.
Saw the Camping Gaz in the chandlers at €21 but got mine from the number plate shop for €13. Met scottish Reg last year, he had me over for £40 for a Calor refill! I was that shocked I didnt argue, he won't catch me again! He left the sticker on from the gas filling shop in Malaga or was it Marbella?
Thanks Chris.
Stu
PS Phodger where are you? We are on pontoon 7

GHA

Visit site
This is mostly for Stu, didn't want to hijack another thread! But I figured others may find it useful.

For 907, two choices. There is a Repsol depot about fifteen minutes walk on the road that goes out past the cemetery. Very cheap.

Outside the marina, two minutes away is the Panorama bar. Next door is a shop that sells signs and number plates. They have 907s to swap, bit more expensive. The supplier is a guy called Dirk who operates from Estepona.

For bigger bottles like the 4.5kg, he will fill them. The depot won't. It's easy if you are sailing up to Estepona and ring him first or call anyway to arrange a swap.

0034 616 969 496

He is Dutch and speaks perfect English. I know all this because as well as knowing him personally, he used to advertise in our Straits Sailing Handbook. Page 148!!!

Hope this helps anyone passing through. The marina is great but buy your fuel in Gib! Top tip. :encouragement:

Anyone feeling generous as opposed to busy could put this info into https://zuluwaterways.com
Then easy for the rest of us to find :cool:

capnsensible

Visit site
Or get up to date with the latest edition of the Straits Sailing Handbook!

Im no longer involved so I think I can give it a plug on here?

GHA

Visit site
Or get up to date with the latest edition of the Straits Sailing Handbook!

Im no longer involved so I think I can give it a plug on here?
Or both, none of the cruising guides will have the little backstreet shop with racks of every electrical you can think of in Portimão , I've been putting the handy places from buying decent coffee beans to getting any gas bottles filled as the places reveal themselves into to zuluwaterways.com , only takes a moment and can be very useful to everyone else, also everyone else can edit the entries as and when things change. Only takes a moment.

Last edited:
Visit site
Saw the Camping Gaz in the chandlers at €21 but got mine from the number plate shop for €13. Met scottish Reg last year, he had me over for £40 for a Calor refill! I was that shocked I didnt argue, he won't catch me again! He left the sticker on from the gas filling shop in Malaga or was it Marbella?
Thanks Chris.
Stu
PS Phodger where are you? We are on pontoon 7

Went to the Accastillage Diffusion Chandlers yesterday and they quoted 23.50eu !!...went to the Repsol shop in town...10 min walk 18eu..