Connecting PDA to external screen

gary3029

Visit site
Wondering if this is possible? I have a ipaq 2210 PDA which I use my maptech charts on...works ok but a bit small. I have one of these small lcd screens which are used with in car DVD's. Is it possible to marry the two together so I get my maps on the bigger screen?

G

[ QUOTE ]
Wondering if this is possible? I have a ipaq 2210 PDA which I use my maptech charts on...works ok but a bit small. I have one of these small lcd screens which are used with in car DVD's. Is it possible to marry the two together so I get my maps on the bigger screen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not ... IMHO it would be easier to buy 2ndhand Notebook like an IBM Thinkpad or similar ... ignore the battery if duff ... and connect direct to 12V. Install Maptch or whatever on it and use that. You can pick up old 600E's for less than 200 notes on ebay ... some a lot less ... That way you get good resolution ... a 14" screen ... all in one system. The PDA can still be used in hand - as it can feed to / off the Notebook ... especially if the GPS is external and can be fed to NB ...