Condoms for sealant tubes (or battery/bus bar rods)

Neeves

Visit site
Google: Condoms for sealant nozzles

And you will find small condoms, silicone sleeves, intended to seal the nozzles of sealant tubes. I don't how good they are at sealing the nozzles - only just tripped over their existence and used one, not long enough days/weeks needed to judge.

However they also fit nicely on battery terminals, M8 or M10 studs, or bus bar threaded rods and slip over the appropriate, M8 or M10, nuts. They are a thin silicone and a noticeable red colour. Not suggesting these are a permanent answer but a second line of defence - a robust cover over the bus bar or battery top is much better but maybe useful when you take the cover of to complete some other work and don't want to expose all the connectors. They might be a bit small for M12 (certainly for the nuts) and too large, loose fit, for M6. They are re-usable - though difficult (fiddly) to roll back up neatly.

Again I don't know how 'good' they are -I installed some yesterday. Ours came as a pack of 10 or 12 and we now have another pack on order as insufficient for our battery + bus bars.

Cheap as chips

Maybe everyone knows of these things and my ideas, to cover battery terminals, are all wrong - waiting to be corrected

Jonathan

Last edited:

Neeves

Visit site
The best storage solution for sealants/adhesives, as discussed on a current thread, is to store the tube in the deep freeze. Whether the nozzle condoms can in any way replace a deep freeze - the jury is out. The condoms seem better used to 'insulate' battery terminals in conjunction with a terminal cover.

Jonathan