Compass swinging

FullCircle

Visit site
That nice Mr Guapa tells me that 1 of Belgiums 2 Compass Swinging blokes resides in Ostend, and is approx 1/3rd cost of UK bloke at an (unverified) 75Euros.

Anyone care to join me in a compass swing to make it worthwhile for him, while we are in Ostend?

Just a thought.

Jim

FullCircle

Visit site
Mr Chug is it no to going to Ostend, or no to compass swinging for whatever reason?
If you went, I think you would win 1st prize for distance travelled....

Visit site
Er, sorry guys, but we can't make Ostend, Yarmouth, or any other bank holiday bash this time around.
That Compass Adjuster was well worth every penny IF you need one. AND if your compass is adjustable of course!

FullCircle

Visit site
I have emailed the Gentleman for a quote and his availability over the weekend. If I find Sailorman wandering over to my boat whistling tunelessly, I will just know he has a pocketful of spanners and a Sea Searcher magnet in his boot top.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FullCircle

Visit site
It is common behaviour, while behaving fecklessly, to loiter about whistling tunelessly. That is not to say out of tune, just without recognisable tune.
I am sure you could give Roger Whitaker a run for his money, but I would rather be at another function entirely when you do it!
In fact, your nam is Roger, and you have facial hair...could it really be????????????

FullCircle

Visit site
9:40pm on a Sunday, and the nice man replied!!!!!

Dear Sirs,

Please give me a call when You are in Ostend.
Or visit Us at the shop (see address below).
When You are in Ostend I can do the job.

Best Regards.

Lambregt Henri
Certified Compass-Adjuster
Tel. : +32 (0) 59320057 Fax. : +32 (0) 59320364
e-mail : service@compas.be
Site : www.compas.be

Address :
Hendrik Baelskaai 15
B-8400 Oostende
Belgium
FREE SERVICE FOR YOU, YOUR BOAT, YOUR PROJECT!

D3B

www.cutting-solutions.co.uk
Jim

Hope the compass doesnt need swinging before you go /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Wouldnt like to see you off Sandiette like someone who left Southwold for Holland last year /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

FullCircle

Visit site
Mr Three Bottles, what a scurrilous suggestion. Fact is SMWBO is Skipper this weekend, ahem.
Compass is 'out' of that I have no doubt, but still generally within the tolerance range of my manual steering capabilities.
I do have the Raymrine flux compass, the GPS heading and the little compass found in the heel of Tuf Pathfinders. Which is all very well, assuming that you can read the multi coloured table cloth on the chart table in the first place.
Our cunning plan is to come out of Burnham and turn right. Straight on a bit until we sight Europe, then turn right. Go straight some more until we see big boys boats apparently headed toward going aground on the beach, cos thats where a port is. Loiter around and sidle up to someone casually ask what port this might be. If its the wrong port, go up a bit more til it is the right one.
How long can that take? Ha, we will be there in a day or so.